New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Jaco Taco - CLOSED

Jaco Taco
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, South American, Costa Rican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Seating inside or out. Open 24 hours, Bar and Restaurant.
Lubbock, Texas
“Great Meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We went on our last day in Jaco and it was one of the best meals. Their exchange rate for USD is fantastic and their special of the day (nachos) were good and large enough to share. We also had a few fruity drinks that were pretty darn good.

1 Thank Russell G

Stockbridge, Georgia
“Maybe it was an 'off' night...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

To start with the good - it was clean and bright. My combo ceviche was fantastic and a generous serving. The not-so-good: Our friends never received their soup or salad even though they reminded the waitress (she said she had her hands full). And then a self-proclaimed recovering addict pitched us for donations (during dinner) stating that he had the restaurant's blessing to do so....I would give them another try - but probably only one!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Woodland, California
“"Cold Beer & Warm Hearts"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

I traveled too Jaco with my 2 sons for a 10 day getaway, I'm a morning person my sons not so much. I stumbled upon the Jaco Taco our first morning there and had a killer breakfast that was impossible to finish. The portions are over the top. During breakfast a local expat sat at the table next to me (Greg) and after some small talk a beer showed up at my table 9:00am what the hell then another expat (Bill) and Another (Brian) then the owner (Steve) and it was game on. As I watched them play dominos they were all more than happy to give me ideas for my sons and myself on the must do's while in town. The food at the Jaco Taco was top notch both in quality and portions, we ate there at least once a day and sometimes twice.
Steve and his wife are wonderful people who go out of their way for customers. He arranged a zip line tour for my sons and for 20.00 less then the tour shops per person.
By the time my sons and I had to leave we truly felt like friends and not just customers.

2 Thank Greg F
Loveland, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Honest Prices and Delicious Cuisine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

This was one of my absolute favorites during our stay in Jaco! We ate here 3 times during our 7 day visit, and I was thoroughly pleased each time. $2 beers are great too....oh yeah, and this place is open 24/7!

Visited April 2013
Richmond, Virginia
“Pass it by!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

Pure tourist grabber! Just pass it by and say that you saw it. Food was extremely mediocrely average!!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles