“Half Price Weds & Fri”

Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Tsunami sushi for half price wednesday and friday- sushi was excellent, get there early because it gets busy!

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted very nicely and given our choice of tables. We ordered a selection of cut rolls and all were very nicely prepared and delicious. We had numerous employees serving us and owner/manager came to make sure we were having a nice dinner. I didn't mind it at all but found it an interesting choice, the restaurant was playing house music. LOL, guess that's the Jaco vibe. It was a fun dinner enjoyed by all!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This fish has never been frozen, unlike the fish in almost all US sushi restaurants, which is typically flash frozen due to logistical reasons - caught and distributed on a scale where its impractical to get it to the consumer on the same day. Tsunami gets most of its fish from local fishing fleets through small local distributors, so it is super fresh. Reasonably priced, imaginatively prepared - i would eat here 5 times a week if I could afford it. On a budget? Shrimp tempura is a good deal. There are also a couple dishes that come with a mountain of fried rice and are cheap.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

At the risk of sounding like a sushi snob let me say that the sushi here was pretty good. I've experienced better (and a whole lot worse). Probably the highlight was having marlin for the first time. Not exactly something you can readily get in the States. The restaurant is centrally located and the interior is nice and modern. I would likely go back if I find myself back in Jaco.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place was a great deal on Friday - half off the sushi rolls. I think they have other deals during the week, too. Costa Rica prices seemed very high to us (same as USA), so this was right up our alley. Every role was very fresh and very well presented. The service at the bar was great, and the drinks had some kick. (We really liked the spicy edamame appetizer). The atmosphere was good (trendy club feel) and the music was good. The place filled up the later it got. The tables were full at 9pm-ish and more people were filing in - younger, stylish crowd.