“Good choice for dinner in Jaco”

Tsunami Sushi Jaco Walk
Ranked #17 of 182 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2014

At the risk of sounding like a sushi snob let me say that the sushi here was pretty good. I've experienced better (and a whole lot worse). Probably the highlight was having marlin for the first time. Not exactly something you can readily get in the States. The restaurant is centrally located and the interior is nice and modern. I would likely go back if I find myself back in Jaco.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This place was a great deal on Friday - half off the sushi rolls. I think they have other deals during the week, too. Costa Rica prices seemed very high to us (same as USA), so this was right up our alley. Every role was very fresh and very well presented. The service at the bar was great, and the drinks had some kick. (We really liked the spicy edamame appetizer). The atmosphere was good (trendy club feel) and the music was good. The place filled up the later it got. The tables were full at 9pm-ish and more people were filing in - younger, stylish crowd.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Loved the sushi!! We sat at the bar and both male bartenders were wonderful.. Very friendly and knowledgable. A must try while you are in Jaco!!

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Love this place. The sushi was amazing. I ordered a spicy tuna roll which was delicious. The fried calamari was cooked perfectly - definitely recommend this for an appetizer. The staff was super friendly. Highly recommend.

1  Thank ElisaDVM
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Best sushi. Thats it. All I crave is this sushi and the DEALS every single night on it!!! HALF price sushi twice a week. I can't find it anywhere else in the world. I miss it too much! The people are friendly, the pina coladas are just wonderful ( although pricey, except on 2 for 1 cocktail night;) ) Came here as a couple a few times, in huge groups and just a few friends. Great for all occasions. Eat the tempura roll, the crab roll, and definitely the crunchy roll too. Amazing, I'm drooling writing this review. Can't wait to go back.

1  Thank Maureen R