“Amazing Pizza!”

Ranked #5 of 183 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: New York Style Pizza in Jaco Beach Costa Rica. We offer whole pizzas, pizza by the slice, calzones, ice cold beer on tap, and run weekly specials. We make our own dough and sauce in the shop from scratch, and use only the freshest and finest ingredients available. Great for a quick lunch, or sitting down with the family for dinner. Open late on Fridays and Saturdays. Check our Facebook page for weekly specials!
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This is hands down some of the best pizza I've had anywhere in the world. Who would have thought in Jaco, Costa Rica of all places? We spent 5 days in Jaco and frequented the pizza shop literally every day. The food was phenomenal and the owners are both really cool guys. If you are planning a trip to Jaco, make sure you hit up The Pizza Shop!

1  Thank Jeff S
Joe S, Owner at The Pizza Shop, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Glad you enjoyed your trip, and thanks for making a pit stop or two in our shop. Glad we could make your visit to Jaco more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

There is no Pizza in Jaco that can compare to The Pizza Shops'. It's the best!

This place has made a serious comeback since its new ownership takeover about a year ago. You can see the owners are passionate about making quality pizza because they use fresh, local ingredients. I didn't have high expectations for pizza in CR, but these guys are really putting their heart and soul into it. They are keeping it simple and letting the food speak for itself. We tried almost every combination on the regular menu as well as a couple of the owner's suggestions and we were very pleased with them all. They also have subs, soups in bread bowls, and wings. Their wings were some of the best I've ever had anywhere. We liked the food and the service so much that we ate here at least four times during our week long visit last July.

The owners are very friendly and even took the time to get to know us on a first name basis. We were treated like family from the first time we went.

The place was also very clean (including the restroom) as you can see everything going on in the kitchen while your food is prepared. This is rare in Jaco, and being in a foreign country we definitely appreciated this transparency . I hope these guys keep "living the dream" and making the best pizza in Jaco. We will definitely be back!

1  Thank Paul C
Joe S, Owner at The Pizza Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are very glad to hear that you enjoyed our shop enough to eat here all week. We take a lot of pride in providing the best product available, and its nice to hear when customers such as yourself appreciate our efforts. Come back soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I highly recommend The Pizza Shop! When I lived in Jaco I made it a habit of stopping by and getting slice at least once or twice a week. The guys that work there put their heart and soul into creating righteous masterpieces in every slice and its always so good! I'm currently out of Costa Rica and I'm dreaming of a slice and a cold beer with the friendly staff that works there. Can't wait for my flight back and I'll head straight to the shop for a fresh slice right out of the oven. You will always find good vibes, a rad atmosphere, great food and even better people hanging out at the Shop. If you like pizza and rad people this is the restaurant to go to! :)

1  Thank AleiaTipton
Joe S, Owner at The Pizza Shop, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your awesome review. We'll be here still making righteous masterpieces for your return!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Superb NY pizza in a region of the world where good pizza is next to impossible to find.
The garlic bread will top your garlic bread charts, and the beers are the coldest and most refreshing you'll find in or around the Jaco area. The boys who run the shop are vivacious and welcoming, the vibes of this shop are nothing but good, making The Pizza Shop my home away from home every time I'm in Jaco. PURA VIDA!

Glad we could provide some "vivacious" service during your tenure here. Still making great food, the beer is still ice cold, and the shop is as welcoming as ever. We'll be waiting for your return to the jungle. Stay in school!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I love this pizza! When I lived in Jacó, I would always stop by for a delicious slice of their pizza. Always fresh food with the best service. Seriously the nicest guys who own the place!

We thank you for your business during your time here. We're glad you enjoyed our pizza, and cant wait for you to swing back through for some pizza and beach time!