“First time to Costa Rica”
Review of Blue Palm Hotel

Blue Palm Hotel
Ranked #34 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed March 27, 2010

This was mine and my boyfriends first time to Costa Rica. What an amazing vacation. Hotel staff was super nice and helpful. Location was great,price was great, about a 3-5 minute walk to the main drag and beach. Right next to the hotel, two great little restaurants, good empanadas, and the other was a soda stand, very inexpensive and tasty, we ate their several times. Our room was right next to the pool, which was very convenient, almost felt like our very own pool, it did get a bit busier with the pool on the weekend. Ido quite a bit of traveling so I'm used to having a clean room everyday, which they didnt do, but all I did was ask and they took care of it!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 23, 2010

Great clean hotel just a few blocks away from the main street and the beach. The beds are comfy, the rooms are spacious and the barthrooms are clean. The staff at the hotel is extremely friendly and helpful! My friend and I had so much fun here, I highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2010

I spent a week with my bf at the hotel.
the room was big, clean and warm, the owner was plesent and nice.
the view is beautiful and the serviece was great.
we definitely come again.

thanx for a great time :)

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2010

My boyfreind and I stayed at the Blue Palms in Jaco for a week.
The staff were friendly and very helpful. The rooms were lovely, clean and spacious. The Hotel is also close to everything you need. We had a fantastic Holiday!
Thank-you.
K.L.& R.W. Australia

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I spent 10 days in this hotel. I liked the big rooms (enough space for surfboards) and I felt safe all the time. The rooms were very clean...no ants,no spiders!!!
The owner are friendly and open minded!
Its easy to come to the beach. The hotel is not in the center of the city but central enough to be there in few minutes. In the morning it was very nice to listen to the birds.

Iam shure I will spend my next holiday again in Blue Palms.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 15, 2010

Upon arriving in Jaco, we realized that we should have made reservations. Most other hotels were full, but we were recommended to the Blue Palm by the proprietor of another hotel. This seemed like it could be a bad idea, but not having another choice, we headed to the Blue Palm...

It turned out to be one of the best places we stayed during our 2-3 weeks in Costa Rica. The rates were comically low for what we got: free WiFi, cable TV, a refrigerator, air conditioning, hot showers, a pool, a safe, a security guard, close proximity to food and the beach, as well as close proximity to bus stops up and down the coast. Based just on these facts alone, the Blue Palm was *well worth* every penny.

But when it came time to leave, we ran into a problem with getting transportation to the airport at the time when we needed it. Melissa at the front desk bent over backwards to help us with everything we needed, well beyond the call of duty (and more helpful than any employee at an American hotel has ever been to me).

Jaco (and Costa Rica) should be proud of the Blue Palm - I would heartily recommend this hotel, especially until they realize they're undercharging and raise their rates :-)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This was my first time in Costa Rica, came to Jaco beach with a friend especially for the waves.. We crashed into the Blue-Palms hotel, and never thought of moving elsewhere. rooms are HUGE, very comfortable, air-con is great, hot water are always available. Very nice pool just outside the door.. 3 minutes from everything you'll ever need in Jaco, that includes the beach.. close enough to get along, far enough to chill out from the noise.. Service is great, we didn't experience any problem with availability and a night guard kept our stuff safe while we were going out. Mostly recomended!

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple