A 1.5 hour bus ride from airport, but very scenic and the tour rep gave us our orientation meeting which was a great time saving idea.
We stayed 14 days. We changed after one week to room 24 which had newer mattresses and were much better. Room was freshly painted and cleaned everyday by competent maid service. We had a coffee maker and a TV with plenty of channels. WiFi for the most part was ok except during our stay a new secured system was being installed so we had some days with glitches.
The buffet was good, each meal had at least three types of protein and there was always a great salad bar. They varied the theme sometimes Italian, seafood or Mexican. You helped yourself to wine. Desserts were available only in the evening and there was only one choice and it often ran out. You could ask for ice cream. Thursday night they had an Al a Carte menu and Sunday night was BBQ night. Watch those burgers and chicken off the BBQ though they should not be medium rare.
The beach was fun and the waves safe enough as long as you stayed within your depth. When the tides were right the surfers were out in full force. There is a surf instructor on the resort. Two things that were very annoying about the beach. Only 19 loungers available and several of those were broken and you needed to be up at 7am to snag one! The locals walked their dogs on the beach and didn't clean up after them. We witnessed this on many occasions on our beach walks. I read that Jaco beach was having problems with pollution and they were blaming the several creeks and streams that empty into the ocean, but I am sure this dog poo situation does not help!
We went to Tortuga Island on the speed boat with Nolitours and it was excellent.
All in all a great vacation with excellent hot weather a friendly hotel with friendly helpful staff and management that are present and willing to listen to your concerns and suggestions.
Jim and Jose keep up the good work. We will be sure to recommend Morgans Cove to our friends and will see you again.
Hong Kong Luois says hello!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Morgan’s Cove Resort & Casino located Beach Front in the quaint surf town of Jaco, Costa Rica. This bustling seaside village has restaurants, clubs, bars, casinos, and gift shops making it the most popular destination in all of Costa Rica. Adventures within minutes from the Resort include Sport Fishing, Zip Line Tours through rain forest Canopy, ATV tours, Horse Back Riding, Surfing, Golfing, River Rafting and Hiking the most popular Parks of Costa Rica, Carrera and Manuel Antonio National Parks. Relaxing around the two pools or sun tanning on the warm sand of the Pacific Ocean are a favorite past time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Morgan`s Cove Hotel Jaco
- Morgan`s Cove Resort And Casino
- Morgan's Cove Resort & Casino Costa Rica/Jaco