“Lovely grounds, few issues.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Green

Hotel Green
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Fort Payne, Alabama
“Lovely grounds, few issues.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

I traveled to Jaco with my husband and mother. When we arrived at the hotel we weren't sure if they were open of not, there was not a soul on the grounds. About 15 minutes after we arrived we were greeted by a female employee who gave us the key to the room and handed me the telephone to speak with the manager of the property. She advised that she would come by in the morning to sign paperwork. I advised that we would be leaving early the next morning for a fishing trip so she agreed to come at 8 pm that night. When we got into the room it was of adequate space and clean, no major issues except that the window wouldn't lock. We decided we would ask to be moved to another room when the manager arrived. We went out to dinner, got back early knowing we needed to get in bed early. The manager arrived around 830 and I went over to meet with her, as we were all exhausted from a long day of travel and the knowledge that we had to get up at 5 am the next day. She met me and advised that she had to get her daughter to sleep before she could meet with me, no bid deal to me. She advised that she thought we were a family with children, however there were only 2 towels in the room? I really couldn't wrap my head around her emphasis on thinking we were a family with children. My being with my husband and mother was a best case scenerio for them, I would have been livid if I had children with me due to the lack on attention from the staff. Either way by the time we actually met with the manager to sign for the room it was too late to worry about asking to move to another room.

The hotel has the potential to be great as it is really close to town, but you feel like you are in the middle of no where when you are on the grounds. The lack of organization by the staff is off-putting and I am extremely laid back and go with the flow of things especially when in Costa Rica

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank southernx2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I booked a room directly via their website and received confirmation a short while after. Just received an email, only a week before departing for my trip, stating that due to a "glitch" in their reservation system, they are unable to honor my reservation. This has left me in a very difficult position, as most places are already booked. Whereas I thought "Green" meant environmentally sustainable, turns out it just means catastrophically amateurish. I would recommend booking your stay elsewhere unless you want to end up scrambling for lodging at the very last minute due to their incompetent "glitches." P.S. Thanks for ruining my trip!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Maureen O
Hotel G, General Manager at Hotel Green, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Maureen, we are very sorry for the change in plans for your trip. We did send you an email 2 weeks before your arrival with a few options in our area for relocating your reservation and offered to make the reservation for you if you confirmed which one was to your liking. If you wish to take advantage of our 15 % discount on your next visit, you would be pleased to see our recently renovated rooms.
Rhode Island
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have rented rooms at Hotel Green many times but this last time I reserved 6 rooms at the hotel and they refused to honor my reservations and sold the rooms to other people after I had confirmed reservations there. The woman who managed the hotel then claimed they had no way of contacting me but they had my email to be able to send me hotel cancelation notices after we spoke today, These people have lied to me repeatedly and I would not trust them to honor your reservations. I would not personally trust my own safety or the safety of my family with these scam artists never mind how would I ever leave some luggage in their rooms. My advice would be to stay elsewhere in Jaco.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank ef419
San José, San Jose, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Nice small place only 6 rooms, The BBQ area is nice but looks abandoned. it was a very nice experience very quiet and relaxing, The pool is very nice and you can see a lot of parrots and birds around the place. friendly staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dennis F
Hotel G, General Manager at Hotel Green, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your review! Enjoy our frequent client discount on your next visit; just ask our reservation team.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We were welcomed by a lovely french canadian couple who stay on the property. It was very safe because they closed the gate after 7pm. The room was perfect! The lady helping us booked our day trips and she was a great help for everything we needed. Jaco beach is close everything was a taxi ride away for less than 4$ it is better to stay a little outside of the main street of Jaco so this was perfect.

Room Tip: its very small so all rooms are just fine..there are two floors and 6 rooms total.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hotel G, General Manager at Hotel Green, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for your lovely visit ! We enjoyed having you here and hope you visit us soon. Happy guests like you make us happy :)
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently spent a weekend at Hotel Green in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica and it was a real "funtastic" experience. The hotel is small, with just a few [very well decorated and spacious rooms], the swimming pool is not that big but, the pool area is filled up with energy from the Sun and is beautiful.
The service was good, the prices are very affordable and there are many bars and restaurants is the area. I recommend this nice green spot in Jaco Beach, Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Beaune, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

It's a nice hotel but I was a bit disappointed by the garden. I was waiting for something bigger. You have to have a car as it's not that close from the beach. The apartment was big and it was great to be able to cook and not go out with a 2 year old son. Staff is friendly and we appreciated the swimming pool.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Hotel G, Owner at Hotel Green, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback. We are at 800 meters from the beach, or 1 (one minute) drive.

Thank you for staying with us.