“Johnny Cash Burger...so good!” 5 of 5 stars

Papas and Burgers
Ranked #10 of 139 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Bar, Vegetarian Friendly, Central American, Costa Rican
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Johnny Cash Burger...so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I was travelling thru Jaco while in Costa Rica. I spent a couple days as a guest in Beds on Bohio. This was the restaurant at the hostel. I ate here for breakfast a few times, which was good. But then I had the Johnny Cash Burger for dinner...soo good. I love jalepenos, and it is covered with them. Great burger, great fries. Try this place!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Chicago, Illinois
“SMOOTHIES!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Didn't eat here but man the smoothies were to die for! They were made fresh and were so cheap! Loved it!

• Visited March 2013
Puntarenas, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
“Tradional Burgers and Fries! Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

A great place in this beach town to get a real burger and hand-cut fries. Big smoothies and friendly staff. Its also one of the best hostels in town, has a great vibe/energy, don't miss this place.

• Visited November 2012
Edmonton, Canada
“Best place I stayed in Costa Rica!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I love this place, it was my home base for my adventures in Costa Rica!!! met so many awesome people here. The food was amazing and the people that work there I will never forget I love you all!!! Thank you so much for everything. Ill be back soon :)

• Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Got me sick”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Avoid this place, I got sick due to their burger / or the water provided.

Aside of that the french fries could really get better.

Visited March 2013
lopamagocfc, Owner at Papas and Burgers, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thanks for the review taipanspirit. Sorry to hear about the food poisoning! This is definitely a first in all the years since papas and burgers first opened. Testimony to this is the number of local business owners and residents who constitute our core rclientele. As there have been no other complaints regarding food poisoning at the restaurant, I guess there is also the slight possibility that you may have picked up a bug elsewhere. Harmful unsubstantiated comments can damage a business and those who rely on it for their livelihood. I suggest that next time you suffer a similar hardship where an element of doubt exists you contact the restaurant manager first. Nevertheless we are conducting a full review of hygiene at P&B and hope that this will be the first and last time that any of our patrons make such an allegation. Please feel free to give any constructive advice as to how we might improve the quality of our hand cut fries. Thanks for your time and enjoy your travels!