All reviews morgan's cove costa rica swim up bar surf lessons grounds are well maintained rice and beans pura vida ocean front scarlet macaws felt very safe laid back san jose shannon pools beach pina security
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This place was atrocious! We booked a 4 night stay through groupon. The pictures looked nice on groupon as well as the Hotels website. They got decent reviews also. When we arrived there was a drunk prostitute lingering around the lobby and the woman at the reception desk had to ask her to leave. Then once we got our keys and headed to our room which we had reserved a King Suite but ended up with 2 queen beds and a room that stunk of cigarette smoke. Then to make matters worse we pulled back the bed sheets to find blood stains. On both beds!! At this point the reception had already left for the night so we had to make due which was so terribly disgusting!

Now to move on to the bathroom, after a long drive down a seriously winding road I was anxious to take a shower. I opened the door and its smelled like they just sprayed down the shower with bleach but forgot to rinse it out, and then the shower head was all jacked up and spraying in every direction but straight then to top it off our shower drain did not work and while taking a 5 minute shower it would puddle up to the top of your ankles.

Next was the internet or lack there of. It was always down and when we asked for someone to fix it they never did.

The all inclusive drinks and meals were a joke. For breakfast one morning we sat down and waited to be greeted with water and a menu to order but instead a waiter came by and just placed a plate full of food in front of each of us and we did not get an option to order. Now that might sound like being to picky but every other person who sat down after us were greeted with water, juice and a menu that they were able to order off of.
The drinks were overly sweet and what happened to the fresh squeezed juice? We were on the beach and there are all kinds of pineapples and coconuts around us but not once was I treated to a fresh drink.
Oh and the beach is terrible its rocky and filthy, its littered with garbage and the pictures they have posted on there website and on groupon do not match what the property looks like what so ever.
Also every meal except for dinner was accompanied by the loud sounds of construction. They were re roofing the seating area of the restaurant so it was very loud and most of the time we could not hear each other speak.

In all this place was horrible I would not recoomend it to anyone. Its not worth the money at all and personally I would just bypass Jaco in general and take one more hour of driving and stay in Manuel Antonio where the beach is beautiful and even the smallest of hotels have way more to offer than Hookers Cove, oh excuse me Morgans Cove.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
5  Thank Cassie N
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here this past weekend. The room was average and the pool was nice with a swim up bar, but they had the worst service ever! The waitress came and cleared our table but left dirty silverware! I think she expected us to use them again. We didn't get our drinks and didn't get all our food properly. Not to mention the food was not very good at all. I would never stay at this hotel again because of this.

2  Thank Stevew99
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Need a place to stay while I looked for an apartment. Booked this hotel because it was listed as one of the cheaper "nice" hotels and it's in a quite part of the town. Check in was easy, staff spoke good English. There were three of us staying in one room so we got a room with two doubles. Very standard room, with small bathroom. I really can't say that it was very clean either. Just old I guess. We got the breakfast plan which gave you a choice of items off their breakfast menu. I was satisfied all three days with the breakfast. A few pools on the property which spans over several acres and backs up to the Pacific Ocean. The Casino is small and the slot machines are very old in appearance. I did not play nor did I ever see anyone inside the Casino while I was there. Over all very average hotel that cost $100 a night.

Room tip: Rooms closer to the beach are in a more quite area but also cost more.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank wbailey6
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you are a college student on a budget /surfer or just cant afford a high end hotel, this is a solid hotel. The grounds are well kept. The staff is nice and attentive. The rooms are a bit dated but very clean. Free WiFi and breakfast is included in the rate. Direct beach access and 2 pools one with a swim up bar. Casino on sight if you are into that. If flying into San Jose rent a car because taxi service will be $100.00 each way. You can also take a bus similar to a greyhound bus for about $30.00 each way. Security is solid so that's not an issue. Insider tip..book on expedia as you can get a good rate. Im not big fan but was the most solid rate I could find.

Room tip: most of the rooms are two double beds
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank RTSDallas
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A pleasant Hotel set in nice grounds with a swimming pool. Based right on the beach and has stunning sunsets.
The rooms are good with fridge walk in shower etc .
Bar prices average
Didn't dine there except for breakfast which was good.
A good 20 mins walk into central Jaco but its an easy walk
Lots of bars and restaurants in Jaco
WiFi available in all areas.

Room tip: a pool side room is where you can watch the sun whilst having a G&T
Date of stay: October 2013