Beach Break Resort
Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$91
Hotel Club del Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$143
$136
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $155/night.

$70
  • Beachfront
Copacabana Hotel & Suites(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$143
$110
Monte Carlo Condominium(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$188
$168
Hotel Pumilio(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$125
$122
Hotel Mango Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$130
$88
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$146
$422
$365
Croc's Resort & Casino(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$310
$274
Hotels.com
All reviewsmorgan's covethe ownercosta ricaswim up barsurf lessonsgrounds are well maintainedrice and beansdowntown jacocab ridepura vidascarlet macawsocean frontfelt very safelaid backsan joseshannonpools
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I spent three nights here, with a group of 25.. great centre for exploring the Jaco area, and to enjoy the Pacific coast. Jaco is a busy, lively little town within easy reach of the lovely parks and rivers.
Rooms are quite adequate and comfortable - one or two levels. Mine was ground floor, overlooking the larger pool. It was a bit dated, but some rooms are more updated. There are three pools, one with a bar pool, one smaller one too near to the kitchen, and a little kiddies pool. Plenty of sunloungers, but no cushions, and very few parasols - it was very hot, and shade was needed. The grounds are well maintained. The bars are not too bad, The restaurant tries, but is not very special. Breakfast choice is reasonable. Lunch and dinner a bit limited, and the service is variable.
The hotel opens out onto the beach, with some sunloungers available. It is open to the public, and there is no security on the beach side of the hotel. there is at the main entrance. It is a pet friendly hotel, which is Ok for locals.

Room Tip: Depends if you want to be near the pools, the bar, or beach.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
jeffsalamone, Manager at Beach Break Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Thanks for your visit with us and we think your cat picture is Fabulous! Hope you visit us again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I were traveling to Jaco for my birthday to buy a surfboard from the Osa Peninsula thinking it would be a quick day trip. We brought the dog and nothing else. After a rain storm and road work set backs, we didn't arrive until late and were forced to find lodging for the night. This place was the only place willing to take us all in. We have a beautiful show dog quality Aussie by the way who is trained to the max and is amazingly well. We were grateful to have a place at this point to have a room, which was adjacent to a bar. The walkways are slick. I fell and busted my knee and my ankle, the staff was unconcerned. The guy showing us to our room almost fell several times. Shook that one off and was ready to go the room. The food was good and drinks ( I was ready for one ) were delicious. They do turn the water off every night and will not turn it on if you are an early riser before 7 AM. It is not going to win awards for decor but it is decent and everyone was friendly, they are just really cheap and don't give you towels and soap, etc unless you ask. Not going again unless I have a dog.

Room Tip: Something away from the bar. Ocean side, Upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank evapistola
jeffsalamone, Manager at Beach Break Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We are Always glad to Except Mascots we love animals and are animal friendly here at Morgan´s Cove Resort. I have a dog, Pepper and 3 kittens. It is always very important to us if a guest is ill or injured in any way. Many guests will praise our staff for taking them to the clinic or hospital or even arranging doctors to come to the hotel for them when needed. I find it hard to believe if you busted your knee and ankle as stated that you would just get up and shake it off? If you needed any kind of medical attention at all only need to ask. All rooms are cleaned daily, Towels, soaps, shampoos, and conditioners are ALWAYS provided in all our rooms. Only excemption would be for human error of the cleaning girls( again a problem fixed fast with a call to reception) It is an error that we do not except and we would look in to immediately. We also never turn our water off every guest that stayed with us knows that the only issue might of been if the power went out or there was a repair being made to a broken water pipe somewhere. Thank you and doggy treats!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

My partner and I take a 2 week vacation every winter.
This is the first time that I wanted to leave before our first week was over....
From the lack of chairs and umbrellas at the beach and the pools, no activities for adults or children of any kind,ie: dance & Spanish lessons,water aerobics etc...everywhere that we've gone in the past there were non-motorized equipment available to use at no charge....At Morgan's Cove we had to pay to use the boogie boards and they were more then double the price as in Jaco...(figure that one out). no a la carte restaurant (what they had on Thursday evening did not qualify as an a la carte) the limited choice at the buffet (we've seen bigger dessert spreads in other places we've stayed at including Cuba and Honduras) and a lot of times the trays didn't get refilled. We couldn't get any after dinner drinks ie: cream liquors of any kind, (we had to pay for those) I tried to order a bloody mary but was told that the bloody mary mix was too expensive so I would have to pay for it. As for the afternoon snacks, well I won't even go there it was just too sad. And of course the privilege of buying bottled water starting the second week at our "All inclusive"resort. (first week it was free)
And last but not least,, the fact that restaurants and bars have a Non-Smoking law.....And guess what? The owner sat at the bar and smoked his big cigars all the time...So would I go back there ? ? ? ? NEVER......
On a happier note though, we met a lot of wonderful people from all over....And the beach was awesome to walk on.....
Take the time to read "joJO12345Noyan_Qc" She said it very well......

Room Tip: Don't go to this resort......choose another place to go to...Much better places in Jaco....
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suzie B

Thank you for your response, and we are happy for your constructive criticism. However, there are a few points to set straight Black Beard´s Restaurant in the Morgan´s Cove Resort Always offers an Ala Carte Menu from Breakfast till Dinner, Offering a Full International Menu. We are a 3 star Resort and do not offer activities that 4-5 Star resorts may offer that you stayed in the past. We would have to charge the Clients more for these services. It is true that there is a non-smoking law in Costa Rica but Clients as well as other people are allowed to smoke in open air areas. Which has very little discomfort to other guests. We have added a lot of beach lounges around our pool areas for our guests and have had very little complaints. We have put a few lounges for beach use but it is not a service offered nor is Beach umbrellas. And Yes thank you very much for bringing to our attention of issues of drinks in the Bar we are correcting some problems and mis-communication of the staff.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here in November 2012 and it was all okay. The location on the beach is pretty good and you can sit and watch macaws sitting in the trees around the resort. The drinks at the bar were very expensive. Breakfast was the only meal we ate here, and , unusually , was to order rather than from a buffet. My room was close to the pool and perfectly adequate and clean. This is quite a large resort with good facilities although just perhaps a little ordinary.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I just spent two weeks there with my male friend, from Feb. 26 till March 12. There are so many things I would like to mention, I hope you have time to sit and read this.

First off I want to say we travel a lot and it takes a lot for us to complain about anything. We do realize that when you are visiting other countries you have to understand that you will not always get the same of anything that you're used to, and you have to make allowances for that.

That being said.....

Morgan's Cove is a small resort with 80 rooms. There is no souvenir shop, nor any kind of store that you can buy any kind of every day item. You have to go into the town of Jaco for that.
My friend and I are both smokers, the first night we were there we sat at the bar outside the restaurant. We saw no ashtrays, so we asked the bartender for one. At the end of the bar was a long haired guy smoking a huge cigar. He said to us, and I quote: "I had so many nice ashtrays all around the bar, and all you Canadians stole them." Turns out he's the owner of the resort. That was the start of our two week stay. Needless to say that left a very bad taste in our mouths.

The poolbar is closed every Tuesday, as that is the bartender's day off...??? (true)
It was a lot of fun when it was open, and the bartender is a blast!

The beach is awesome and great to walk on. You can walk right into the town of Jaco from the beach, or you can walk the streets (but they can really hot). The resort itself has a terrible shortage of beach chairs and absolutely no umbrellas, so we did not sit on the beach the whole time we were there.

Restaurant (only one)
==================

The food that they serve for all inclusive guests is in one word....horrible.
Let's start with breakfast.... Unless you're an early riser, you may as well try to sleep or enjoy the peacefulness of the birds, because NOTHING opens until 7:00am. Not even coffee! When it does open, the buffet offers nothing but rice and beans, boiled potatoes, a few other things which I couldn't figure out, and pieces of hot dogs (we grabbed a few to feed to the local doggies!) There are a couple of nice guys that will cook you eggs (with toppings of ham, cheese, onions, green peppers, or bacon) They were actually quite good.
The coffee that you have to serve yourself is not bad, and the other juice container differs from day to day. The day before we left was orange juice, (the only time I saw it) and that was pretty fresh. They had a small selection of fruit, but not cold. There was also a container of cheap cereal, and if you get there late, the milk is warm.

The buffet is so small, and there are no choices. The quality of the food is not good. We ate out in town or let's just say "away" from the resort most of the time, which kind of defeats the purpose of an all-inclusive. One night a week, instead of having the buffet, they have an a la carte menu, which is just as bad. And if you like dessert, don't go too late as they will have none left. Oh by the way, there is only one choice for dessert, either a small piece of cake, or pie.

OUR ROOM
==========
Our room itself was very pretty when you walk in, but upon opening the drawers of the dresser to put away my clothes, all I smelled was a terrible musty smell. The rooms have no refrigerators. The coffee maker makes only two small cups of coffee, and they don't give you extra coffee to make more. Also, a small bottle of water is $1.00 + tax, and a large bottle (1 litre) is $2.00 + tax.
It is not free....

There is no ceiling fan as advertised, and the wi-fi works only when it wants, and that's not often.
There is no bathtub, just a stand up shower with door. I have absolutely no problem with that, however, when either one of us took a shower, the water would leak out and go all over the bathroom and into our room. We were mopping up the floor with our room towels and our beach towels every day. We spoke to quite a few guests and they all had the same problem. Not fun....
Our air conditioner also leaked, which we had to mop up every day also. Needless to say the room had mold in it. I am allergic and had to take my antihistamines every day.

We enjoyed ourselves other than the above, we made a lot of friends and really had a blast on our excursions. Next time I go back to Costa Rica I will NOT be going back to Morgan's Cove Resort and Casino.

Room Tip: There are really no ocean view rooms, so don't pay extra for that.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank joJO12345Noyan_Qc

Were Glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at Morgan's Cove Resort, As you stated there are coffee makers in every room for the early riser with 1 pack per day of coffee. And yes Coffee was served at 7am that we are changing to an earlier time and will also be adding a coffee station in the Lobby. Thank you very much for your comment of a gift shop, which was duly noted and we are currently adding a gift shop to our office for the clients convenience. There are always problems with guests taking things from where they belong, back to there rooms some times, wine glasses is one of the most common, that creates a hugh problem for other guests and when they want to use that item such as ashtrays. All we can do is ask that guests respect other guests needs. Its an on going challange. We would love to offer bigger buffets and more services but honestly your tour provider will no give us a larger amount to make these kind of adjustments.