Tripadvisor

“Wow!”

Bar Cantina el Tajo
Ranked #43 of 226 Restaurants in Jaco
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wow! My fourth time in Jaco I finally learned of this gem! Amazing open air atmosphere located off the beaten path way up in the mountain with and incredible view! The food was great! Nothing special but definately worth checking out!

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (42)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great atmosphere and view on top of a mountain. Service was friendly and food was fresh. Overall a great night out. It’s a gem in Jaco away from the main strip madness. We were warned that the road is difficult but I think it has been freshly grated.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 2, 2019

Funky restaurant located on top of a mountain in JACO. Beautiful view, good food & friendly service. The road to the top has just been freshly graded, so no potholes right now.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019

Best restaurant we have found to our visit in Jaco. The view and atmosphere is amazing. The food is great. Ten minutes from the beach. Signs lead the way. We were able to get there in a junky rental car, 2 wheel drive, with very little horsepower. The food is amazing, we came back a second day. I had Sauteed Shrimp and my wife had fish tacos. The staff was extremely nice as well.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed August 13, 2019 via mobile

You have to go to this restaurant! It's local, inexpensive, fabulous scenic views, excellent food, great bilingual staff! Amazing! Joey, from ATV Backcountry Tours (which I also highly recommend) raved about this place and he was so right!

The restaurant is on a dirt road, up the side of a mountain. Don't let that worry you! Our rental car was a Mitsubishi automatic sedan with very little pep and it did just fine.

I had the fish taco and my husband had the sauteed shrimp and we loved every delicious bite! We loved it so much, we went again 2 days later and had the exact same thing!

Date of visit: August 2019