“Perfect Jaco Retreat!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Jaco B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect Jaco Retreat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Just got back from a 2 week stay in Jaco. I wanted to stay at Hotel 9 the entire time but unfortunately they were booked for the first few days of my trip, so I had to stay at a different place close by. I was happy there until I got to Hotel 9 and realized what I had been missing. My favorite things about the hotel are the nice boutique look, friendly, personable staff (they found my prescription glasses I had left and hurried to give them back to me:)), chilly, refreshing pool (hard to find in VERY hot Jaco), location (near town right on good side of beach), cleanliness of rooms, spaciousness, quality, and size of rooms, and yummy free breakfast (that I took advantage of everyday). Also, my first hotel was more expensive than hotel 9 and not as nice at all. I come back to Jaco every winter, and I will stay at Hotel 9 again. Very happy to have found I place I love in Jaco!

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which is the top floor and was very happy there.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

Jaco usually isn't at the top of our list when looking to leave San Jose for a relaxing weekend on the beach. However, this past weekend we were looking for a quick getaway without much driving. We settled on Hotel Nine as it is located on the cleaner and quieter south end of Jaco and it ended up being the perfect choice.

The hotel itself is in a great location right on the beach with clean rooms and public areas. The staff were A+; really friendly and going out of their way to make sure everything was to your satisfaction. The restaurant was great too and priced well within reason. Included breakfast was a plus.

Overall, Hotel Nine is highly recommended for anyone looking for a quiet stay in what is a fairly lively town on the Costa Rica's pacific coast.

Finding this hotel definitely puts Jaco higher on the list of beaches we can escape too for a weekend outside the city. If I had one complaint it would be the bed in our room as the mattress was not that comfortable and a bit on the small side. And maybe some type of system to arrange drinks from the second floor bar to the pool area. But we consider these complaints very minor when considering all the great things we have to say about our stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

I had been to Costa Rica once before and my group rented a house close to Hotel 9. That experience was so bad I did not want to return but I am glad I did. The hotel is small enough to have the feel of a large private residence but has all of the accommodations and amenities of a hotel. The hotel manager picked us up at the airport himself and did everything to insure we had an amazing time. The rooms were promptly cleaned and restocked daily. The staff at the restaurant was phenomenal-which you can not say for other places we visited during our trip. From waking up in the morning and grabbing a surf board from the hotels collection to sunset drinks on the beach in front to dinner and drinks at the restaurant Hotel 9 came through at every turn. I rarely if ever write reviews but it is the least I can do to thank the management and staff of this hotel. Hotel 9 made our trip. I would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Costa Rica.

Room Tip: The suites are reasonable and amazing, choose an upper floor for ocean views.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend and found it to be just what we were looking for. The hotel is located in the cleanest, nicest part of Jaco Beach. It was nice to take a refreshing dip in the pool after coming in from the beach. Surf lessons are available daily right in front of the hotel! The staff are all very friendly and quick to help arrange one of the many available excursions or just to give advice on local restaurants and shopping. We would definitely stay again. Shayne and Cindy Walker

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

This was my first time to Jaco and I couldn't have had a better time. What made my stay even better was the service I got from the staff.........first class! The price is right and the experience was even better!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

You cant get much closer to paradise than this place... from the moment you check into this beautiful beachfront property you will realize that you are at someplace special. The staff is more than accommodating as both Suzzana and Marriana will take care of any request that you may have. A fishing trip of a lifetime was arranged in a days notice and went off without a hitch. The hotel is impeccably clean and the upstairs bar/restaurant is a great addition to the property. I must admit that I didn't spend much time at the pool as the spectacular beach is steps away from it. You think the sunsets in Key West are legendary? Well I got some news for you ....This Hotel is a hidden jewel that is worth every penny of your vacation dollar.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice size and the suites are even larger and more beautiful.

Wildwood, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed 3 nights at this location and had a great time. The staff was very helpful with direction and tours. This is a small place but has a lot ot offer. it is close to town but far enough that you dont have the noise.
Great Sunsets