We just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica and this boutique hotel came after staying at the JW Marriott in Guanacaste. What makes this stay memorable were the owners, Laura and Fernando. They treated us like family, catering to each and everyone. Their own weekend house is situated next to the hotel, so you can contact them anytime. They bent over backwards providing us with board games, champagne at our arrival, detailed directions and maps and suggestions as to where to dine and surf. The most impressive detail was offering to make paella for our families on our last night which happened to be our 15 year old son's birthday. When Laura asked if he wanted a cake, I asked if she could get donuts instead. And low and behold, through her family's bakery business, she obtained the tasty treats. (not a typical Costa Rican item!) Laura says the hotel is her fourth baby as her three older children are now out of the house. So every detail is well planned and executed. And if you find you need anything, she will bring it to you. The set up at this place is ideal for families who are travelling with other families and with older children. They have 10 rooms altogether, 5 on the second floor and 5 on the bottom floor. We took 3 rooms on the top floor. All the balconies connect with outdoor patios and kitchens. Two nights we asked Laura to order dinner for us from different local restaurants. It was easy and convenient, especially after coming back from a busy day. The modern rooms are spacious with 2 queen beds and a day bed in each room. The decor is contemporary with flat screen TVs. And each room has a complementary snack basket which is great for hungry kids. The outdoor area has a beautiful pool with water falls, a spa room where you can get massages under a thatched hut and a thatched roof dining area where complementary breakfast is served each morning. Although this little hotel is not on the ocean, it's only a 5 minute drive to Playa Jaco. We stay at many 5 star hotels as we are Starwood Preferred Guests and this little gem will stay in our memory bank for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Costa Rican Central Pacific, surrounded by an spectacular view between pristine tropical jungle mountains, a wide variety of birds and other local fauna specimens, you will find Hotel Pumilio, a tranquil and peaceful heaven, yet only 3 minutes away from famous Jacó and Herradura beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country. Ideal for family, couples or friends vacation stays, you will enjoy the wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours that the area offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets and stores, the best marina in Central America, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. You will enjoy the 10 comfortably decorated large luxury suites, impeccably cleaned and fully equipped outdoor kitchen for your convenience. We include a complete breakfast without schedule, free Wi-Fi, AC, a balcony or a terrace to admire and enjoy the view with your loved ones. Our palm leave's thatched roof Spa surrounded by exuberant vegetation, will take you to a relaxation state so you will enjoy to the maximum the experience of being in harmony with nature. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. We know how to find the happy in you and every one of our esteemed guests, so everyone can return home with unforgettable memories of the visit to our beloved Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco