We just returned from our first trip to Costa Rica and this boutique hotel came after staying at the JW Marriott in Guanacaste. What makes this stay memorable were the owners, Laura and Fernando. They treated us like family, catering to each and everyone. Their own weekend house is situated next to the hotel, so you can contact them anytime. They bent over backwards providing us with board games, champagne at our arrival, detailed directions and maps and suggestions as to where to dine and surf. The most impressive detail was offering to make paella for our families on our last night which happened to be our 15 year old son's birthday. When Laura asked if he wanted a cake, I asked if she could get donuts instead. And low and behold, through her family's bakery business, she obtained the tasty treats. (not a typical Costa Rican item!) Laura says the hotel is her fourth baby as her three older children are now out of the house. So every detail is well planned and executed. And if you find you need anything, she will bring it to you. The set up at this place is ideal for families who are travelling with other families and with older children. They have 10 rooms altogether, 5 on the second floor and 5 on the bottom floor. We took 3 rooms on the top floor. All the balconies connect with outdoor patios and kitchens. Two nights we asked Laura to order dinner for us from different local restaurants. It was easy and convenient, especially after coming back from a busy day. The modern rooms are spacious with 2 queen beds and a day bed in each room. The decor is contemporary with flat screen TVs. And each room has a complementary snack basket which is great for hungry kids. The outdoor area has a beautiful pool with water falls, a spa room where you can get massages under a thatched hut and a thatched roof dining area where complementary breakfast is served each morning. Although this little hotel is not on the ocean, it's only a 5 minute drive to Playa Jaco. We stay at many 5 star hotels as we are Starwood Preferred Guests and this little gem will stay in our memory bank for many years to come.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pumilio is strategically located to explore Costa Rica like being pamper at home surrounded by nature, see the toucans, macaws and lots of birds flying naturally and the lizards walking around. Close enough to lots of activities, restaurants and things Jaco or Herradura Beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country, wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours, offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets, stores, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. Located on the side of the mountain at sea level Our guests are always more than welcome in our Boutique hotel. We work hard to give the importance that our guests deserve, especially knowing that they are sharing with us their vacation time. The rooms were planned to be spacious and bright the 10 suites with a kitchen outside so our guests can keep contact with nature and avoid the food smell inside the room. We ended up remodeling the entire hotel last year! Breakfast is included, we decided not to have schedule, guests that are going to tours frequently needs it before 7 a.m. and other want to sleep until late, we change daily because people love long stays. We added “tamales” typical dish for Christmas in Costa Rica, now we serve them at breakfast every day so our guest can try them. At Pumilio every day is a Holiday! We love celebrating with our guests. Please let us know in advance if you are celebrating your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, we'll give you a pleasant surprise! According with our guests plans, likes and preferences we feel happy making recommendations about the best seller’s tours, restaurants and things to do in the area, it´s even better when our guests trust us, so we have control of the service and schedules of the activities, a better experience exploring Costa Rica and we'll take care of our guest’s budget. We chose the best restaurants in the area and have their menus and bring what our guest chooses and serve it where they prefer, dining room, terrace, balcony suite or even at the pool deck. WIFI and parking also included. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco