To preface this review, I have stayed at hundreds of hotels from around the world and while I have been impressed with many, Pumilio is one of those that really jumps out and compels me to write this review (sitting on my room's private terrace as I type).
Pumilio is an amazing boutique hotel. It's our 5th hotel on our Costa Rica trip and none others even come close. With only 10 or so rooms, this property far exceeded my expectations and is run superior to most 5-star properties anywhere. This hotel spares no expenses. All amenities are top grade and they are continually upgrading the grounds even in the most minute ways. For as few rooms as they have, they employ more full time employees than much larger hotels I've stayed in Cost Rica.
Service is absolute impeccable and thoughtful in the most genuine way - from the front desk, to the maids, to the maintenance folks down to the security guards. Examples:
1. the morning after we arrived, our boys decided to check out the pool. No longer than 30 seconds upon jumping in, the maintenance guy, who was building a railing at the time around the pool area, immediately went to the lower section of the pool and turned on the pump which powers the waterslide to the lower pool. Needless to say, the boys were ecstatic.
2. one evening, we decided to eat in and use the hotel grill for some steaks. As I was carrying the steaks toward the grill, one of the security folks spotted me from afar, quickly came over and asked if I wanted to use the grill. He got it setup, handed me some grilling tools and even some seasoning. Amazing!
3. Upon finishing our breakfast on the 2nd morning, we were so pleasantly surprised to see our room made up when we returned. Apparently the maids notice we were in the breakfast area and promptly made up our room in order to be least disruptive to our stay.
I can go on and on about the small details and the level of hospitality these folks provide. On the hardware itself, the rooms are immaculate with nice furnishing. The grounds are beautiful in a serene setting. Location is also great, just about 2 miles from Jaco Beach.
All and all, this is a SUPERB property for families and couples alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pumilio is strategically located to explore Costa Rica like being pamper at home surrounded by nature, see the toucans, macaws and lots of birds flying naturally and the lizards walking around. Close enough to lots of activities, restaurants and things Jaco or Herradura Beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country, wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours, offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets, stores, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. Located on the side of the mountain at sea level Our guests are always more than welcome in our Boutique hotel. We work hard to give the importance that our guests deserve, especially knowing that they are sharing with us their vacation time. The rooms were planned to be spacious and bright the 10 suites with a kitchen outside so our guests can keep contact with nature and avoid the food smell inside the room. We ended up remodeling the entire hotel last year! Breakfast is included, we decided not to have schedule, guests that are going to tours frequently needs it before 7 a.m. and other want to sleep until late, we change daily because people love long stays. We added “tamales” typical dish for Christmas in Costa Rica, now we serve them at breakfast every day so our guest can try them. At Pumilio every day is a Holiday! We love celebrating with our guests. Please let us know in advance if you are celebrating your birthday, honeymoon or anniversary, we'll give you a pleasant surprise! According with our guests plans, likes and preferences we feel happy making recommendations about the best seller’s tours, restaurants and things to do in the area, it´s even better when our guests trust us, so we have control of the service and schedules of the activities, a better experience exploring Costa Rica and we'll take care of our guest’s budget. We chose the best restaurants in the area and have their menus and bring what our guest chooses and serve it where they prefer, dining room, terrace, balcony suite or even at the pool deck. WIFI and parking also included. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco