To preface this review, I have stayed at hundreds of hotels from around the world and while I have been impressed with many, Pumilio is one of those that really jumps out and compels me to write this review (sitting on my room's private terrace as I type).
Pumilio is an amazing boutique hotel. It's our 5th hotel on our Costa Rica trip and none others even come close. With only 10 or so rooms, this property far exceeded my expectations and is run superior to most 5-star properties anywhere. This hotel spares no expenses. All amenities are top grade and they are continually upgrading the grounds even in the most minute ways. For as few rooms as they have, they employ more full time employees than much larger hotels I've stayed in Cost Rica.
Service is absolute impeccable and thoughtful in the most genuine way - from the front desk, to the maids, to the maintenance folks down to the security guards. Examples:
1. the morning after we arrived, our boys decided to check out the pool. No longer than 30 seconds upon jumping in, the maintenance guy, who was building a railing at the time around the pool area, immediately went to the lower section of the pool and turned on the pump which powers the waterslide to the lower pool. Needless to say, the boys were ecstatic.
2. one evening, we decided to eat in and use the hotel grill for some steaks. As I was carrying the steaks toward the grill, one of the security folks spotted me from afar, quickly came over and asked if I wanted to use the grill. He got it setup, handed me some grilling tools and even some seasoning. Amazing!
3. Upon finishing our breakfast on the 2nd morning, we were so pleasantly surprised to see our room made up when we returned. Apparently the maids notice we were in the breakfast area and promptly made up our room in order to be least disruptive to our stay.
I can go on and on about the small details and the level of hospitality these folks provide. On the hardware itself, the rooms are immaculate with nice furnishing. The grounds are beautiful in a serene setting. Location is also great, just about 2 miles from Jaco Beach.
All and all, this is a SUPERB property for families and couples alike.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Costa Rican Central Pacific, surrounded by an spectacular view between pristine tropical jungle mountains, a wide variety of birds and other local fauna specimens, you will find Hotel Pumilio, a tranquil and peaceful heaven, yet only 3 minutes away from famous Jacó and Herradura beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country. Ideal for family, couples or friends vacation stays, you will enjoy the wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours that the area offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets and stores, the best marina in Central America, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. You will enjoy the 10 comfortably decorated large luxury suites, impeccably cleaned and fully equipped outdoor kitchen for your convenience. We include a complete breakfast without schedule, free Wi-Fi, AC, a balcony or a terrace to admire and enjoy the view with your loved ones. Our palm leave's thatched roof Spa surrounded by exuberant vegetation, will take you to a relaxation state so you will enjoy to the maximum the experience of being in harmony with nature. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. We know how to find the happy in you and every one of our esteemed guests, so everyone can return home with unforgettable memories of the visit to our beloved Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco