This is place is a hidden gem. We were looking for a place to stay around Jaco and decided to stay here. We are a family of 5, and the boutique hotel was perfect. It's located about 1km off the highway just north of Jaco. The grounds are very tranquil and the landscaping was very fitting for Costa Rica. The staff at the front desk let us store our luggage until later in the day, so we could go to the beach until check-in (we arrived at 9:30am) After a day at the beach, and a great dinner at I Love Sushi, we checked into our room. Two comfy queen beds and a sofa bed. The room was decorated in a contemporary Costa Rican theme. The infinity pools included a waterfall and slide. We enjoyed the evening in the pool. The resort is small with about 10 rooms, and they all look out over the pool and garden. There's an outside kitchen with dining table and chairs just off each unit. We used the fridge for our drinks. You can order food from any nearby restaurant, and the staff will pick it up and deliver it to your room! We loved the breakfast, and were able to sit in a quiet relaxing atmosphere. We would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located in the heart of Costa Rican Central Pacific, surrounded by an spectacular view between pristine tropical jungle mountains, a wide variety of birds and other local fauna specimens, you will find Hotel Pumilio, a tranquil and peaceful heaven, yet only 3 minutes away from famous Jacó and Herradura beaches, the most developed tourist hotspot in the country. Ideal for family, couples or friends vacation stays, you will enjoy the wide variety of ecological, adventure, adrenaline & sports tours that the area offers for every age and preference. Closely surrounded by the most famous national parks and reserves, you will also find a wide variety of restaurants, supermarkets and stores, the best marina in Central America, beautiful beaches, islands and a spectacular colorful ocean among a variety of activities that makes us unique. You will enjoy the 10 comfortably decorated large luxury suites, impeccably cleaned and fully equipped outdoor kitchen for your convenience. We include a complete breakfast without schedule, free Wi-Fi, AC, a balcony or a terrace to admire and enjoy the view with your loved ones. Our palm leave's thatched roof Spa surrounded by exuberant vegetation, will take you to a relaxation state so you will enjoy to the maximum the experience of being in harmony with nature. Leap into happiness in Hotel Pumilio, the best personalized service. We know how to find the happy in you and every one of our esteemed guests, so everyone can return home with unforgettable memories of the visit to our beloved Costa Rica. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Hotel Pumilio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- El Paso De Las Lapas Hotel Jaco
- Hotel Pumilio Costa Rica/Jaco