“All around a great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Pumilio

Hotel Pumilio
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Jaco
Washington, District of Columbia
“All around a great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

I stayed here for a wedding and really can't say enough about this hotel! The location and grounds are obviously stunning; it's hard not to be swayed by the landscape in Costa Rica. However, I think the service is probably what sets it truly apart. Having traveled internationally fairly regularly for work, I can honestly say that Anna and her staff go well above and beyond the norm. They provide friendly, personal service and a strong knowledge of Jaco and beyond. I strongly recommend this hotel and will absolutely return again - although I'm sort of hesitant to be TOO vocal in my praises, since I don't want to let too many people in on the secret!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, April 19, 2011
Hi Rob,
Thank you so much for the nice review. I can honestly say it was a truly great experience hosting you and your friends here for our first wedding - first of what we hope will be many more. I'm glad you guys had such a good time and I'm looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Arroyo Grande, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

From the first contact via email until we drove away from las lapas it was a great experience. Ana Pana is THE BEST hotel manager and she made us feel like family. There were only a few rooms occupied but it was so peaceful and so relaxing and Ana gave great suggestions and anything we wanted she made happen. I was there to celebrate my 40th birthday with 2 of my girlfriends and we all enjoyed our trip and stay at las lapas, even the rain and exotic bugs lol. We would definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Hi,
I'm so glad you all enjoyed your stay with us ... Maybe you should make it a yearly thing, coming here to celebrate birthdays :-) I know we would love to see you again ...
Tipp City, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2011

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Anna is GREAT, she made our first visit to Costa Rica wonderful.The view from your room is breathtaking always lots of wildlife to enjoy and the landscaping is beautiful. Breakfast is made in their outdoor kitchen by Anna and is yummy.We would go back and stay there again. THANKS Anna.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
You're really quite welcome ... I had a great time with you all. Hopefully one day you'll be able to come back and visit - bring the rest of the family next time!
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights and had a great stay. If you are looking to relax in a place out of the way this is the place. Even though it is down a dirt road and seems desolate I think personally it is a better option than staying in Jaco. It is about 5 kms to Jaco so you will need a car or the B&B offers 2 round trips into town per day which worked very well for us. If you are wanting an adventure, that is not a problem. Ana is more than happy to help you out any way that she can. She went above and beyond helping us anyway she could. Relax and enjoy!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, March 11, 2011
I'm so glad you two had such a nice stay with us. It was a pleasure having you here with us. We really look forward to your next visit in what we hope is the not so distant future.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

This was our first trip to Costa Rica and we had no idea where to stay other than what we were able to learn on line. Needless to say we were a little apprehensive, When we arrived at the hotel we were amazed. The rooms were excellent, the setting was beautiful, and the staff great. We stayed for 9 days, Ana was great! we feel like we made a dear friend with her. If we ever get back to C.R we would definitely stay here again. Keep up the great job Ana !!!!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, March 18, 2011
Hi Doug,
It was really great meeting you. Thanks to all of you - I had a great time getting to know you all. Thank you for dinner - the ribs were EXCELLENT! I hope you make it down this way again one day. I know I've made some new friends for life.
Redway, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2011

We loved staying at El Paso De Las Lapas while in Jaco. My husband and I were in town for a concert at a nearby hotel and loved the peaceful setting this hotel had to offer. Ana and all of the staff was great! Thanks for a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, February 25, 2011
Hi Lindsay, I'm so glad you guys enjoyed your stay, we definitely enjoyed meeting you both and having you stay here. We look forward to a return visit from you in the future.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2011

Before we arrived, we knew we were in for a wonderful experience and from the moment we arrived at El Paso de las Lapas we knew we had arrived at a little piece of Heaven on Earth! Ana and her staff truly know the meaning of hospitality and they honestly want your stay to be perfect. The rooms are beautiful with a spa feeling and all of the ammenities are provided to allow for a wonderful relaxing stay.
The grounds are beautiful and the pool was very enjoyable. As there are only 10 rooms the pool was often empty or very quiet with only 1 or 2 people in it.
The daily breakfast was delicious. Ana provided a wonderful assortment of hot and cold items and I am so missing her rice and pintos to start my day.
Although we had a rental car we required a taxi for one evening. Ana arranged for Norman a local cab driver to come and get us. He was absolutley delightful and provided us with some information of the area as he was driving us to our destination.
We absolutely loved everything about this hotel and we can't wait to come back. We arrived strangers and when we left we felt as if we were leaving friends. Thank-you Ana and all of your incredible staff for a truly unforgetable experience!

to a relaxing , comfortable stay have been thought out. The

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
LapaVIP, Manager at Hotel Pumilio, responded to this review, January 28, 2011
It was truly a pleasure having you stay with us and we're looking forward to your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Villa Caletas
Hotel & Club Punta Leona
#1 of 2 in Punta Leona
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

Been to Hotel Pumilio? Share your experiences!