We visited in June 2014 so it was off season and the place was about half filled and very quiet. The condos are beautiful, clean, and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and I appreciated the room darkening curtains even though we were up early. We were on the 2nd floor and had a balcony over looking the pool and the mountains in the distance. The kitchen is great for staying in for breakfast. We bought food across the street at MegaSuper. The pool is fabulous. We swam everyday in the late afternoon or morning ( 1-4pm is too hot to be anywhere). The AC worked well in every room and we used it during the hot afternoon hours and at night. The gardens and tropical plants reminded me of Hawaii. So pretty! The WIFI is good, we could check email daily. We enjoyed the town of Jaco. It's a quick walk to all of the restaurants and shops. Every restaurant we tried was very good. Our favorite was the TacoBar (on the side street by the big red building)- delicious fish or steak tacos. Food is fairly cheap, 3 of us could eat for $30-40 a meal including a drink. The beach was fine, Pacific ocean very warm. We saw iguanas around town, and one day 2 scarlet macaws flew over as I sat out at the pool. We spent a morning driving down to Manuel Antonio and saw some monkeys in the trees on the side road leading to the park entrance ( don't bother with the $10 park fee, there wasn't anything to see- the animals were way up in the trees basically hiding from view). We also swam at the beach there in Quepos/Manuel Antonio and it was very nice. Watch for stray dogs if you are afraid of dogs. If you want to do a great hike, check out Rainmaker park for $15pp it is only 25 minutes from the condo in Parrita ( look for the Paintball sign 5 mins south of Parrita on hwy 34). That was a great hike for about a 2 mile loop through the jungle, across hanging bridges, and ending with a swim in the waterfall. We also found a wonderful horse farm run by Julia, called Caballo Azul (firstname.lastname@example.org) just off the highway in Esterillos Estes 25 mins south of the condos. Look for the Horse Tour sign -she took my daughter on a private pony ride cantering down the beach and back for 1 1/2 hours for $65. She takes good care of her horses, unlike the Vista Los Suenos zipline/horse tour place where the poor horses have to endure hours of tours back to back in the intense heat. I recommend getting a car ( about $275 for the week includes the liability insurance). Then you can go where ever you want and are not dependent on the pricey tours. Just make sure you are a good driver (my husband can drive in New York city, so he can drive anywhere) because there is a lot of passing on one lane highways, and they drive a bit crazy in Costa Rica. It was an easy drive from the airport- about an hour and 20 mins. But the signs are pretty bad- get the GPS or plan on using your phone everyday! ( call your wireless provider and add international DATA and minutes- with ATT it was about $30 for more data and $40 for more minutes). Getting back to the car rental by the airport would have been a nightmare if we hadn't researched it online the night before AND plugged the address into the Iphone. Leave yourself a good 3 hours before your flight time to find your car rental and get to the airport, check your bags and get through security. We left the condos at 8am for a 1pm flight and it was just enough time. All in all it was a great trip, my biggest complaint was just the weather-- it was like 95* with 95% humidity. So it felt like 100*. All I did was sweat all the time! And it was so so hot by 8am until about 5pm. The evenings were still hot but better as we walked to dinner. Maybe visit in December or January? Might be high season and very busy then. We could see how this town could be a big Spring Break destination with cheap food, cheap beer, a beach and bars. But it was quiet when we were there. Drink a lot of bottled water- make sure to stay hydrated! My daughter and I almost got dehydrated, we were getting headaches so I knew we needed more water/gatorade. Have fun! Oh and Cristian in the office will help you with any questions. Most people also speak a little English and are very friendly. Change money in town at the bank- you get a better rate than at the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Monte Carlo luxury condominiums are the best value and location in Jaco Beach. We are ideally located in the center of town within steps to beach, shopping, restaurants, pharmacy, salon, supermarket, tours, discos, Beatles Bar, etc. You do not need a car here, you can walk everywhere. If you prefer a ride, a taxi pickup at the front gate to anywhere in town is $2.00 the property is an oasis of peace and tranquility in the heart of Jaco Beach. You will be surrounded with the sounds of the many exotic birds that visit the grounds daily as well as the soothing sound of beautiful fountains. The grounds of the condominiums are beautifully landscaped and include a huge pool with swim up bar, jacuzzi, and rancho area with grill and tables and chairs for your outdoor cooking. The condo is fully furnished and equipped for cooking. The condo has two bedrooms and two bathrooms, full kitchen, living room, laundry room, patio, and is 1400 square feet. The condo is finished to a high standard with granite counters in the kitchens and bathrooms, tile floors, GE stainless steel appliances, solid wood cabinetry, and recessed lighting throughout the apartment. In the Master bedroom there is a King size bed and master bathroom with walk in shower. The guest bedroom has a Queen size bed and guest bathroom with shower and tub. The living room and bedrooms have full size sliding glass doors that open up to the patio and lush landscaping. During the day the apartment is showered with natural sunlight, it feels like your living in the garden. Amenities here include free wireless internet, 24 hour manned security in gated complex, cable TV, air conditioning, in house washer and dryer, and concierge desk to arrange all tours and transportation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Monte Carlo Condominium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Condominium Hotel Jaco
- Monte Carlo Condominium Costa Rica/Jaco