My family, all grown adults, vacationed here for my 30th birthday. It was a wonderful vacation! My husband, brother and I shared the Royal Suite, which was made up of 2 rooms. The master bedroom was spacious with three closets and a TV that, with a click of a button, electronically raised from the end of the bed. The bathroom was very clean and large, with both an entrance from the master room and the second room. The views were awesome, the terrace was very long and comfortable. The Zephry Palace portion of this hotel property does not seem suitable for children. It is very relaxing and quiet, perfect for a romantic trip or adult family vacation.
Room service and housekeeping was spectacular! Truly top notch, professional service. I can't say that I've ever had such good service, and that says a lot since I work in the customer service industry.
The infinity pool was fantastic, panoramic views of the mountains and ocean. The sunset is best watched up at the pool area. We visited the hotel in the "green/rainy" season, so there was no options for dining at the Zephyr Palace except for room service. The Villa Caletas is a hotel property adjoined to the Zephyr Palace, only a few minutes walk away. They had a few dining options with fantastic service at both. My favorite meal was breakfast, the fruit was unbelievable. Everything was fresh and I have not had a better meal since. The servers were very friendly and helpful. The prices may be a little bit above expectations, but since the property is located further away from the hustle and bustle, it is the only option if you do not plan ahead. One day my family took a day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park (which was amazing) and we pre-ordered boxed breakfasts to go through the main restaurant since we had to leave before they opened. Very accommodating! We ate at the hotel for most of our trip except for one night we dined at the Marriott, about 20 minutes away, and prices were similar. On my birthday, our server hand wrote a special birthday message on my dessert and really made me feel great! The whole restaurant ended up singing to me, it was a great feeling, everyone was so nice.
The gym and pool at the main hotel, Villa Caletas, was very nice. The whole property makes you feel like you are in your own rainforest, very lush and exotic. The flowers, plants, and overall decor are awesome. The only suggestion I would have is for the hotel to have a little snack stand during the day and evening (other than the pool area). It would be nice to get a few bottles of water and a granola bar or chips.
Laura from concierge was FANTASTIC. She was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable about every tour offered. I had a million questions and she was very patient and walked me through each detail of the tour. Laura worked with our schedule and even accommodated a special request we had for a tour I wanted to do, that was not offered through the hotel. I cannot give enough praise about her, she is truly a fantastic employee and the hotel is lucky to have her.
The hotel airport shuttle, $100 total for up to 5 travelers, was on time and our driver was professional. He stopped for several "photo ops" and pointed out some of the local culture. The bellhops were awesome, one night it was raining and they picked us up from the Zephyr Palace and drove us the short distance to the hotel restaurant.
Jaco, a small touristy town is located about 15-20 minutes away from the hotel. Laura or anyone else at the concierge can schedule a taxi which is approximately $20 - 30. All travel with the tours is included in the price. I honestly would not recommend renting a car - the roads can be very difficult to navigate and it is easy to get lost. We spend less on taxi money than we would have renting a car for the entire trip.
Costa Ricans are an extremely friendly and nice people, and our experience at the Zephyr Palace proved nothing different. I would recommend this hotel property! Thank you for an enjoyable experience and special birthday. Pura Vida!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- in the central pacific coast of costa rica with an impressive view to nicoya gulf and located in the top of the hill, is the zephyr palace, a stunning mansion with breathtaking sunset views, bordered by a tropical forest and touched by a gentle breeze.its name and design was inspired in the mythological greek god of the west wind. zephyr in the original greek zephyros, was considered the gentlest wind. the warm west wind brought the spring season, even today the name of the god means a warm and light breeze. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Hotel Jaco
- Zephyr Palace Luxury Rental Mansion Costa Rica/Jaco