“Lemon Zest Rocks Jaco Beach !”

Lemon Zest Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 183 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Reviewed January 4, 2011

We spent a week in Playa Jaco. We had a chance to eat at most all the restaurants along the strip. One evening we were looking for something different and stumbled upon the Zest. Being that it was not on street level, we might have passed it by but I remembered reading reviews from TripAdvisor and told the rest of our crew it was supposed to be good. The result ? Another great find because of the reviews on TripAdvisor.
We ended up dining there 4 times and Chef Richard even cooked our fresh Tuna catch as incredible appetizers for our family. Both Richard and his wife Nellie made sure everything was perfect and when they got a break they would always come over and talk. Every entree and appetizer we had was great. Servers were friendly and attentive and quick to offer tips for exploring Jaco. Trust the reviews that the prices are reasonable for Jaco and just plain incredible compared to the states and especially Europe. I Recommend fresh fish (tuna was huge), tenderloin filet (huge!) and special Italian night on Sundays. You might even catch a rockin' Celebrity there - We did!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,104)

998 - 1,002 of 1,105 reviews

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Lemon Zest holds its own against some of the better places in Chicago. But, it's in Jaco and it's easily half the price of what you'd expect to pay in the US.

It's owned and run by an American ex-Pat and the waitstaff has many ex-Pats as well. This, combined with a very international menu, makes it feel more American than Costa Rican. That's OK though, because the food was to die for. For starters, I had the duck wings and my wife had a beet and goat cheese salad. For entrees I had the Ahi tuna cooked rare and my wife had the coconut crusted dorado over a pineapple risotto. I had never seen a piece of tuna so big and so thick. It was sushi grade fish and it must have been 16oz. It was cooked to perfection and was very flavorful. For dessert we had the key lime and raspberry pie. Also fantastic! We will definitely be returning when we're next in Jaco!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

I've traveled all over Costa Rica the past 11 year's and this is by far the Best Italian Restaurant in the Country! When I'm in the U.S. I always try to have a Lemon Zest dish recreated but it never taste's the same. Extremely friendly staff. Owners Richie and Nellie Lemon make you feel at home the minute you walkin! Incredible tasting food. Great atmosphere. No matter what day it is Choose One of there Specials and you will be in Heaven while touring Paradise!! If your in Jaco for a few day's I recommend going to Lemon Zest for your first diner, this way you can go back for another before you leave!!

Reviewed December 10, 2010

Lemon Zest in Jaco was the best meal we had in Costa Rica. We dined outside and really enjoyed our experience from the food to the service. We started with the Ahi tuna appetizer and the plantain crusted goat cheese salad both of which were delicious! For dinner we had plaintain-coconut crusted dorado with pineapple risotto and the togarashi tuna. Both were cooked to perfection. Cocktails were great as well. On par with a nice Chicago restaurant. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed December 2, 2010

My wife and I dined here and truly enjoyed it. The staff were all super friendly and the food was delicious. I found the food to be very reasonably priced. In general I felt like most the food in Costa Rica was a bit over priced. I would definately say for the quality of food and the upscale ambiance of the resteraunt the prices were very reasonable.

-Also being American owned they offer tap water rather than forcing you to buy a bottle of water. So I enjoyed that choice as the water in Costa Rica is safe to drink.

1  Thank lloydtrip