“Best Mahi Ever!”

Lemon Zest Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 171 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My suster and I went to Lemon Zest on the recommendation of the owner of the house we are staying in in Playa Hermosa.
I am from South Florida and have had mahi (dolphin) every way imanginable....Lemon Zest was spot on, the most delicious I have ever had!
We also had the brie appetizer....yummy....the goat cheese salad is to die for.
The mango brulee pie was a little disappointing to me, too sweet but my sister loved it.
She wanted to go again tomorrow but they are closed on Mondays....too bad as we are leaving Tues am.
If you like good food, good service, you will not be disappointed with Lemon Zest!
BTW, we had a bottle of wine, one appetizer, one salad, two entees, and one dessert, our bill was $102, not cheap but worth every penny!!!

There are newer reviews for Lemon Zest Restaurant

Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband wanted to go someplace with air conditioning for dinner. The Lemon Zest was one of the few places to offer AC. It had a nice atmosphere with dim lights and candles. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. He also spoke perfect English. We have a family of five. All but one of us enjoyed our dinner. My son had a steak and said it was even better than Outback at home. I had a coconut crusted fish which was pretty good. My daughter loved her soup and Caesar salad. My husband had a tuna steak that he enjoyed as well. My other daughter ordered fish with a wine sauce, but she said it had too much lemon. We didn't pay much more than we did at other places for less tasty food.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The variety of dishes and flavours were unparalleled. The quality was amazing. I really cannot say enough about how good it was. If you are in Jaco try this restaurant. Maybe the best tuna tartar/ahi poke I have ever had.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited Lemon Zest a few times while on vacation here in jaco.
LOVED the food and LOVED the employees, the owners are amazing and so friendly !

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Had other dinner plains that didn't happin so their menu looked and sounded good but by the time our dinner revs came sround Jacos power went out I called to double check that they would be open and running they said we re here rocking and rolling
came on in the power just turned back off they had the candles going doors open and drinks right out to us .. Ivan is so Veerrrrrryyy friendly and knowledgable about the specials ( there was 8 )detail ones.
he told us about fave dinner plates and went from there
We had a goat fried goat cheese salad it was good and dressing but I wish there was more cheese ( it was 4 if us sharing) and the beef in a stick I don't remember the name..
dinner was litely fried plaintain
coconut encrusted fried shrimp w/ a pineapple demi sauce on top of risotto and a perfect fresh garlic spinach sautéed ,a mahi mahi coconut crusted w/ a pineapple risotto, and a blue cheese crusted filet mignon all was great even in the noon light jaco town