“Nice dinner”

Lemon Zest Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
St. Augustine, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice dinner”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

My husband wanted to go someplace with air conditioning for dinner. The Lemon Zest was one of the few places to offer AC. It had a nice atmosphere with dim lights and candles. The waiter was very helpful and friendly. He also spoke perfect English. We have a family of five. All but one of us enjoyed our dinner. My son had a steak and said it was even better than Outback at home. I had a coconut crusted fish which was pretty good. My daughter loved her soup and Caesar salad. My husband had a tuna steak that he enjoyed as well. My other daughter ordered fish with a wine sauce, but she said it had too much lemon. We didn't pay much more than we did at other places for less tasty food.

• Visited August 2013

Calgary, Canada
“Unbelievably excellent food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The variety of dishes and flavours were unparalleled. The quality was amazing. I really cannot say enough about how good it was. If you are in Jaco try this restaurant. Maybe the best tuna tartar/ahi poke I have ever had.

Boca Raton, Florida
“BEST RESTAURANT IN JACO”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Visited Lemon Zest a few times while on vacation here in jaco.
LOVED the food and LOVED the employees, the owners are amazing and so friendly !

Williamsburg, Virginia
“See Ivan for a Great dinner time”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Had other dinner plains that didn't happin so their menu looked and sounded good but by the time our dinner revs came sround Jacos power went out I called to double check that they would be open and running they said we re here rocking and rolling
came on in the power just turned back off they had the candles going doors open and drinks right out to us .. Ivan is so Veerrrrrryyy friendly and knowledgable about the specials ( there was 8 )detail ones.
he told us about fave dinner plates and went from there
We had a goat fried goat cheese salad it was good and dressing but I wish there was more cheese ( it was 4 if us sharing) and the beef in a stick I don't remember the name..
dinner was litely fried plaintain
coconut encrusted fried shrimp w/ a pineapple demi sauce on top of risotto and a perfect fresh garlic spinach sautéed ,a mahi mahi coconut crusted w/ a pineapple risotto, and a blue cheese crusted filet mignon all was great even in the noon light jaco town

• Visited July 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great meal”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We very much enjoyed our meal here. The chef clearly has a lot of pride in his work and it is reflected in the food. The duck is a specialty of the house and we all enjoyed it immensely. The servers are well informed and compared to other restaurants in Jaco, this is clearly where you are going to get the best overall dining experience. Why just four stars? The waiters seemed to go overboard in pushing their specials (it took literally about 10 minutes for our waiter to go through them all, and of course by the time he was done we were impatient and forgot what he said at the beginning), and we were interrupted a few times more than we'd like with questions like "I take it everything is delicous" Or "how's the duck? Fantastic?" They should just print the specials out and let people read them, and they should curb the somewhat forced enthusiasm a bit! Just let the food speak for itself.