“Best food in jaco”

Lemon Zest Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 180 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

I went there with group of good friends and we all had a great time. The waiter was very knowledgeable and the food was amazing especially the Buffalo lobster bites

Write a ReviewReviews (1,053)

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I took my 75 year old grandmother and 85 year old grand aunt and other friends to the Lemon Zest. We were the only group seated outside on the balcony. A big fat drunk came out and started hitting on one of my friends. He then began cursing in low class spnish, terifying the elderly ladies. He tried to punch my friend who he asked him to leave our table. The staff restrained him and took him inside. My grandmother and 85 year old aunt were shaking. We waited 10 minutes to be sure the drunk was gone. When we entered from the balcony to leave we were stunned to to see the punk sitting there drinking. The owner said he could not throw him out as he was drunk. So he left him there seated with hookers.

This place is dangerous. I fear for those who bring kids or elderly there. How long can a place last when the owners choose profit over safety and decency.

2  Thank theladwandering
tripstar101, Owner at Lemon Zest Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

We know that you were visiting for dessert and had already had dinner somewhere else.and were sitting outside on our balcony
We apologize about the vulger words used in front of your elderly family members by a customer
who was seated inside and showed no " bad behavior " prior to the incident
However if you remember one of our friendly, professional servers had to pull him away from you as 3 of you were beating him on his head !!!
He returned to his guests and finished his meal
After the fact on your way out you wanted to continue the altercation outside with him ??
As all the other diners stared in awe with your threats to even the owners ??
Remember
Again it was a incident that was not a fault of Lemon Zest or its' owners !!!!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

A couple of people recommended this restaurant to us, and we are so glad we went! Our waitress patiently answered our questions, made recommendations and checked on us just frequently enough without being overbearing. The food was unique and delicious. Duck can taste pretty gamey depending on how it's prepared, but mine was tender and delicious in its special sauce. I wish I could remember the name of the appetizer we ordered - some kind of beef satay? - because I would also recommend it. Absolute deliciousness!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was the best meal of our vacation. Oh my heavens, the choices were amazing and we were thrilled with all of our choices. The location is easy to find and the air conditioning was great. We loved the shrimp appetizer and the beef satay appetizer. Our entrees were absolutely delicious also. This is a MUST even if you just have one night in the area!

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Best food we had in Costa Rica. There was a wedding party the night we were there and it was very load, it would have been nice to eat outside.