“Good not Great”

Lemon Zest Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 171 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Located in the heart of Main street in Jaco, Costa Rica.
Reviewed December 20, 2012

The menu was certainly more affordable than I anticipated but was all over the place. I thought the menu lacked direction and made it difficult to share or create pairings between courses. That said they split our appetizers/salads for us without charge and were quick to make recommendations. We both ordered from the special menu so I can't remember exactly what we ate but it was all solid. The peanut butter pie we got was OK. I normally have a sweet tooth but I think it lacked creativity and was only so so.

There are newer reviews for Lemon Zest Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2012

On Saturday night I went to Lemon Zest with two friends and all I can say is this is one of the best dining experiences I have had. Manuel was our amazing waiter who ganized a four course dinner with wine pairing. Also, the hospitality of the owners made us feel welcomed as family. The food was sublime, starting with the beef satay which was so tender it melted in my mouth. Than freshly caught tuna ( I grew up in the Florida keys and rarely eat fish in restaurants) perfectly seared. A lobster francese that was a delicacy and finally the duck breast which was perfectly cooked and crispy on the outside. It will be hard to top Lemon Zest in Costa Rica or anywhere else.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Lemon Zest is a reliably good restaurant. You can count on having a good meal here, with good service. I have eaten here 4 times now and will go back!

Reviewed December 13, 2012

The food here is excellent… I got to meet the owner and his wife who are very lovely. My favorite dish was the Buffalo Lobster bites a wonderful meaty bite of lobster with a tangy buffalo sauce and Danish blue cheese… Delicious!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Best Thanksgiving dinner I've ever had! Over the top in flavors and presentation. Excellent wait staff and great atmosphere. Only ate there once, very disappointed to miss them on the day they were closed because we wanted to try a meal off the regular menu. If Thanksgiving dinner was any example of the rest of the food- it will be excellent. Great wine, best desserts in Jaco Beach. The chef and his family really know how to please. Worth going back just to eat there!