Gorgeous rooms- open air baths- holler monkeys in lieu of alarm closks, food great, worth the trip (and it was a trip) to get there! The owners and staff were fabulous- We kayaked, went deep sea fishing, ate breakfast with thd spider monkeys, watched wild boar run through the rainforest, saw Caiman (croc family) and rainbow Boas, and the beautiful birds....
The staff an denvironmentalists answered every questions and led us through hikes - what to wathc for, what to avaoid- and what to do if you cannot avoid. Like wanderer spiders, certain snakes, certain frogs... but what you can see- like the friend I made in a magnificent Amazon (parrot), was so worth the trip!
You are remote- you get tehre by boat only. No phones. The place backs up agains teh rainforest. the kids taht were there absolutely loved teh place- There is so much to do - if your children are afraid of bugs and adventure, this is not for you- if they relish life- nothing can beat this. Bring bug spray.
We ate what we caught- and it was Red Snapper and Mahi Mahi- Really a beautiful, beautiful trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito