I made a reservation with Playa Nicuesa through the eco hotels and lodge collection website. After receiving a confirmation email from them, I bought 2 expensive plane tickets. After a week of not having any charges made to my card, I emailed them on 2 separate occasions asking them to charge my credit card. The poor customer service and no response forced me to begin emailing the reservationist. Soon after, I discovered that they had over-booked their establishment, and I had plane tickets to a place where I had no lodging. My fiancé tried to rectify the situation by phone. No one helped us. A manager never returned any of his calls. No one from their establishment took responsibility for the huge mistake that they made.
We are disgusted by how Playa Nicuesa has treated us. We will never attempt to book with them again. Be careful about booking with them!
They caused us to have a very stressful honeymoon planning experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito