We travelled with our 2 teenage sons and we all had the best holiday. We were looking for something off the grid, authentic. We found it! Playa Nicuesa is nestled in the Rainforest surrounded by nature and wildlife. Arriving to Nicuesa (by boat only) is like arriving at Jurassic Park without the dinosaurs! Huge ferns, moss covered trees and vines, exotic flowers everywhere, lizards scurrying around, scarlet Macaws squawking from the trees, blue Morpho butterflies floating by, and the sounds of hundreds of frogs, crickets and other creatures. And the warm humid air. It felt like paradise and I have to say that we were awe struck. We snorkelled, kayaked in the mangroves with caimans, hiked through the jungle to the waterfalls, had a night excursion through the jungle... all with our amazing guide Jose who was extremely knowledgeable about the jungle and happy to share his information. We even planted 2 trees in the Rainforest. We left Costa Rica with much more than when we arrived. The food was delicious, fresh fruits and juices, fish (or chicken), vegetables. We certainly did not go hungry and it was nice to not have to eat the usual buffet food you are used to finding at a resort. The cabins were beautiful. We all loved the open shower! We also looked forward to hearing the howler monkeys 'howl' in the early hours of the morning. You felt like you were really in the jungle. We especially appreciated Nicuesa's commitment to being eco-friendly. I would highly recommend Playa Nicuesa and I can't wait until we can go back.
James & Laura, Montreal, Canada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito