This place is absolutely magical. Amazing adventure with so many great activities, guided and unguided. The people are absolutely amazing. Everything was beautiful and special. From the food to the fantastic guides, we felt so taken care of. It was really like being at camp as kids because everything was so exciting and everyone was so much fun. We made great friends with the staff and enjoyed doing activities with other travelers, although you could always do things on your own too. Walking from the arrival boat through beautiful plants and arriving at main building felt like something out of a movie. I cannot say enough about the food. Everyone raved about everything each meal, but they also were super knowledgeable about my gluten free diet and made special for me when I could not have what others had. They even made me special desserts! Everything was fresh and made from scratch, down to the special cookies and new local fruit juice with every meal. We did the waterfall hike, night walk, mangrove kayak, and dolphin/snorkel trip...ALL AMAZING!!! Our awesome guide Gustavo was a gem! He showed us the rainforest and introduced us to the country. This place also has a luminescent bay which we did not know before we got there. We swam in it at night and it was like swimming in a sky of blue stars, UNREAL. We also took yoga on the coolest yoga deck on the beach amongst the palm trees. The instructor, Molly, was so fun and challenging. We did all kinds of special things and she took her time and made sure it was right for our level. We saw so many amazing animals too from dolphins to Capuchin monkeys, frogs to tropical fish. This place is a nature lover/foodie paradise. Our room was upstairs in the Mango guesthouse which felt like a tree house, in the rainforest, there was even an orchid plant growing in our open-air shower. The monkeys came right by our room and we also saw macaws, coati, and geckos from our deck. I cannot possibly say enough about the fun we had on this four day leg of our trip. We hope to travel back their with our boys some day. We miss you already Nicuesa!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito