A very interesting experience with our 2 bedroomed cabin right in the middle of the rain forest...and did it rain every afternoon!
Obviously everything is quite damp but they do supply a "dry box" in each room. One can also have clothes dried in a solar drying room.
The trails are very wet ...to be expected in a rainforest. The howler monkeys wake you up at 0500 every morning.
The electricity is solar powered so one cannot comfortable read at night.
The food is good and all the guests eat at on refectory table in a huge first floor open (sides) dining room.
They have 2 ornithologists/biologists. We went to the Esquinas River twice and saw a lot of birds. We also saw about 100 spotted dolphins at close quarters in the Golfo Dulce.
There are some very large creepy crawleys and it is not the place for people who don't like huge bugs as they are all around. There are also a lot of snakes on the trails including the fer de lance.
The gardens are attractive and the beach is also a nice place to relax on a sun lounger.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito