We have experienced several adventure trips including deep in the Amazon and chimp and gorilla tracking in the jungles of Uganda. Always wanted to go to Costa Rica, but zip lines and spider monkeys eating out of our hand was not what we were looking for. After stumbling across Nicuesa while searching the Internet, and trusting Trip Advisor, I researched the area and read lots of reviews. The gulf and jungle was very intriguing and we were thrilled with our decision to spend 8 nights the end of April. Being primate lovers, we wanted to see and hear the Howlers and they did not disappoint us. We heard them every morning, afternoon and night and saw them within 50 feet of our cabin once. The trails around and on Nicuesa property were excellent and immersed you in the jungle within a minute of the lodge. Saw lots of other Howlers and White Faced Capuchins, Pecary's, Cuati's, Toucans, lots of Macaws and dozens of other birds and wildlife. Accomodations were very nice and housekeeping every day. You are "in the jungle" so you are sharing space with lots of insects, but they do not bother you. The jungle sounds are non stop and mixed with the waves on the beach. In addition to the jungle, the gulf provided more to do than we had anticipated. Fishing, kayaking, dolphin watching, mangrove tour and just relaxing. Because the gulf is so much more protected than the ocean, the waves were very small and many times non existant. We really enjoyed the food as every meal was healthy and plentiful, with most ingredients coming from their own garden. All this was made possible by an excellent staff. From the moment we were met at the airstrip in Golfito until we departed, they did an outstanding job. Take advantage of the guides as you will learn so much more by hearing their stories and listening to their suggestions. We highly recommend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito