We spent four wonderful days at this lodge and found everything outstanding. What was surprising was even the Ticos said prepare for muggy weather and bring insect repellent, but compared to a typical summer day in, say, an Upper Peninsula Michigan, we found Golfo Dulce balmy and relatively insect-free.
Be aware there are plenty of things to bite you here but that's why you're going to an eco-lodge, right?
The staff was very friendly. Here's a shout out to Joe -- very funny with an infectious laugh and Eric who helped with our luggage at the boat dock even when he was on his way to the doctor.
Great food, interesting side tours, lot's of wildlife right on the grounds. Get up before dawn to see the most activity.
Be sure to kayak over to the snorkel beach. The snorkeling is only fair but the beach is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playa Nicuesa is an environmentally-friendly eco-lodge set on a 165-acre private rainforest preserve on the undeveloped Pacific Coast of Golfo Dulce in southern Costa Rica. Our jungle & sea location provides a unique adventure and nature vacation: the front yard is a gulf right off the Pacific Ocean, and the backyard consists of thousands of acres of pristine tropical rainforest. Overall, the experience embraces conservation and harmony with the natural environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Hotel Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Golfito
- Playa Nicuesa Rainforest Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito