All reviews nice pool clean rooms air conditioning costa rica repair preparation duty
Selected filters
Reviewed February 26, 2019

We didn’t make the reservations for our stay so I’m not sure how this place was chosen. The booking was under one name for two rooms.

First the positives: beautiful location, right on the water. Lots of birds for viewing. Very nice staff. Sadly, that’s the only nice thing I can say. The TV and air conditioning worked and there was a apt size fridge.

Now the negatives: we were given Room 10. The room had two full size beds. The mattresses were thin, crunchy, and generally not good. The linens on the bed were old. So old it was hard to tell if they were clean or not. Not even remotely inviting. The bathroom did have a new toilet and sink, but the toilet DID NOT HAVE A TOILET SEAT. There were no glasses for drinking, no nightstand or lamp. Only light was a ceiling light.

The other room was a two room newer building that had two king size beds, beautiful bathroom, new linens, etc. The price paid for both rooms was identical but there were no similarities to the rooms.

This property needs serious updating.

Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2019 via mobile

We came to golfito to buy some things in the duty free deposit. We were recommended to stay. In this hotel. We had lunch before check in and the food and service was very good. The room was clean. The bed was hard for my liking, even though my family said the bed was ok. The pillows were not good either. This hotel is a best bang for your buck. To have AC and pool for a good price.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2018

So I called for a reservation the night before, heard loud music coming over the phone in the background and reiterated that I was looking for a QUIET room, 2 rooms. He assured me that they had quiet rooms, yelling a bit over the music coming as background noise.

We arrived the next day to check the rooms and I explained to the lady that we had wanted the "deluxe" room. She looked incredulous, eyes bulging, making faces stating, "deluxe??? deluxe?? what is this deluxe, I don't know what it is?" Still making faces at me she mumbled something in french and walked away. I asked her how much the rooms were, she had to think a minute and quoted me twice something other than the internet price. I asked her about that and she flatly stated that she would not give me that rate, "go to internet," and walked away. I asked to see the room so she called someone who was very nice, Costa Rican of course. Saw the room, Cut our losses and get the heck out of there. Room very run down.
we left, never looked back. Man, what an attitude. Should not be in the customer service industry. I felt sorry for her workers.
Be ware! What a B#*^$

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Samos is our hotel in Magaluf we are coming for the last six years and we love it, we wouldn’t stay any where else.The entertainment is amazing and Alexandra de Almeida and Maria are already family for us they always make sure that we are having an amazing holiday.Bar staff thank you to Xisca and Tony.Food very very good and the hotel is very clean.
We will be back next summer!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Getaway806719
Reviewed May 27, 2018 via mobile

The old Samoa, was run by “Papi Samoa” an old French gentleman with many years living in Costa Rica. It was a place to visit with your family and talk to him, listen to stories and enjoy great food. Not any more. Now is more a bar type for older people. So sad!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Juanca1663