We just returned late last night from Zancudo Lodge. This was our second visit there. This is the place that will spoil you for life! Remote and so unexpected.
This lodge has definitely been through some major renovations. Goldine and Gregg have managed to take an already comfortable and beautiful lodge and elevate it to a fishing resort! Men and some women will go to fish; women and some men should go and enjoy the resort while their significant others go out fishing. I did both. The sea life is plentiful and worth seeing.
The rooms are spacious, incredibly clean and comfortable. The decor is divine. No detail has been overlooked. The bar and wait staff are friendly and attentive, as are all the staff. Frankly, the service was impeccable. The gourmet food is fresh and presented beautifully. You can have ice in your drinks as the water is filtered! The furnishings are comfortable, beautiful, and a real pleasure. The plants and trees are manicured, plentiful and enjoyable. New shaded decks with lounge chairs, overlooking the beach, have been added. Surprises of beauty await you on every turn of this property! A koi pond walkway? Unreal. Set up tented beach chairs on the beach for you? No problem.
The game room will have you weak in the knees. Pool table, darts, card tables, foosball, comfy seating, outside deck...did I forget something? If you enjoy a massage, definitely schedule one! The massage room overlooking the palm tree tops and the beach will take you to yet another level of Pura Vida!
Oh yes, the fishing. Organized. Reliable boats, Skilled captains. You only need show up and they take care of the rest.
We were there with a large group this time - a fishing tournament. Zancudo Lodge managed to make everyone feel special and on their own individual vacations. I am certain I speak for all of us that were there. The awards were spectacular.
There is a tiny village close by that is charming. Friendly people are all around you.
This jewel of the jungle has the quality experience of a five star property. No detail, absolutely nothing is overlooked!
I cannot wait to return next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zancudo Lodge is surrounded by the beauty of Costa Rican wildlife, verdant tropical foliage and is located beachfront. Ideally bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Rio Coto river, we offer our guests the perfect setting for an idyllic vacation accompanied by your choice of a variety of thrill seeking activities. Our guests can choose amongst a list of popular sports such as world class surfing, standup paddle boarding, premier catch and release sport fishing and kayaking or a variety of day tours indigenous to the Golfo Dulce such as a visit to a botanical garden and a wildlife sanctuary, oceanfront horseback riding or a zip-line canopy flight through the rainforest. Those guests who prefer to enjoy the tranquility of the resort can spend time relaxing by the pool, taking a stroll in our tropical fruit garden, playing a game of bocce ball on our regulation court, receiving a deep tissue massage, practicing yoga or pilates in the open air or simply relishing the vastness of the Pacific Ocean from the privacy of our Zancudo Beach.Our brand new public space houses an elegant fountain reception area, gift shop, 3 lounge areas, a fine dining restaurant (seating capacity 40), bar (seating capacity 16) and a state of the art kitchen. On the second floor, there is a game lounge complete with a widescreen TV viewing area, pool table, shuffleboard table, card table, foosball and a massage relaxation room with an outdoor shower. On our property, our guests will also find beautiful tropical gardens, green houses (with our own organically farmed product), our own Lodge marina located on the Rio Coto (where all guests are greeted with a VIP service of a welcoming drink and cold towel), a salt water pool and palapa lounge area and open air beachfront platforms (for exercise, lounging, etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your The Zancudo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zancudo Beach Hotel Golfito
- The Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito