I have been coming to this lodge to fish for the past 10 years. While the fishing has declined a bit in recent years, the lodge has gotten better with every visit. Its almost too nice for fisherman. The food is now first class - every diner was like eating at a 5 star restaurant. The rooms are well appointed and the staff is truly committed to making your stay a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zancudo Lodge is surrounded by the beauty of Costa Rican wildlife, verdant tropical foliage and is located beachfront. Ideally bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Rio Coto river, we offer our guests the perfect setting for an idyllic vacation accompanied by your choice of a variety of thrill seeking activities. Our guests can choose amongst a list of popular sports such as world class surfing, standup paddle boarding, premier catch and release sport fishing and kayaking or a variety of day tours indigenous to the Golfo Dulce such as a visit to a botanical garden and a wildlife sanctuary, oceanfront horseback riding or a zip-line canopy flight through the rainforest. Those guests who prefer to enjoy the tranquility of the resort can spend time relaxing by the pool, taking a stroll in our tropical fruit garden, playing a game of bocce ball on our regulation court, receiving a deep tissue massage, practicing yoga or pilates in the open air or simply relishing the vastness of the Pacific Ocean from the privacy of our Zancudo Beach.Our brand new public space houses an elegant fountain reception area, gift shop, 3 lounge areas, a fine dining restaurant (seating capacity 40), bar (seating capacity 16) and a state of the art kitchen. On the second floor, there is a game lounge complete with a widescreen TV viewing area, pool table, shuffleboard table, card table, foosball and a massage relaxation room with an outdoor shower. On our property, our guests will also find beautiful tropical gardens, green houses (with our own organically farmed product), our own Lodge marina located on the Rio Coto (where all guests are greeted with a VIP service of a welcoming drink and cold towel), a salt water pool and palapa lounge area and open air beachfront platforms (for exercise, lounging, etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Agoda so you can book your The Zancudo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zancudo Beach Hotel Golfito
- The Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito