I just returned from a four day trip to the Zancudo Lodge with my son and have to say that the experience exceeded all of our expectations. The lodge itself has gone through a terriific upgrade and the rooms and dining/bar area are first class (and so is the food!). In addition, our experience fishing and surfing in the beauty of the Zancudo area have created memories that will last a lifetime. Most impressive about the lodge is the warmth and hospitality of the owners (Gregg and Goldine) who really make you feel welcome and go out of their way to ensure that all of the guests are taken care of. This is a very special place that we hope to return to one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Zancudo Lodge is surrounded by the beauty of Costa Rican wildlife, verdant tropical foliage and is located beachfront. Ideally bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Rio Coto river, we offer our guests the perfect setting for an idyllic vacation accompanied by your choice of a variety of thrill seeking activities. Our guests can choose amongst a list of popular sports such as world class surfing, standup paddle boarding, premier catch and release sport fishing and kayaking or a variety of day tours indigenous to the Golfo Dulce such as a visit to a botanical garden and a wildlife sanctuary, oceanfront horseback riding or a zip-line canopy flight through the rainforest. Those guests who prefer to enjoy the tranquility of the resort can spend time relaxing by the pool, taking a stroll in our tropical fruit garden, playing a game of bocce ball on our regulation court, receiving a deep tissue massage, practicing yoga or pilates in the open air or simply relishing the vastness of the Pacific Ocean from the privacy of our Zancudo Beach.Our brand new public space houses an elegant fountain reception area, gift shop, 3 lounge areas, a fine dining restaurant (seating capacity 40), bar (seating capacity 16) and a state of the art kitchen. On the second floor, there is a game lounge complete with a widescreen TV viewing area, pool table, shuffleboard table, card table, foosball and a massage relaxation room with an outdoor shower. On our property, our guests will also find beautiful tropical gardens, green houses (with our own organically farmed product), our own Lodge marina located on the Rio Coto (where all guests are greeted with a VIP service of a welcoming drink and cold towel), a salt water pool and palapa lounge area and open air beachfront platforms (for exercise, lounging, etc). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Zancudo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zancudo Beach Hotel Golfito
- The Zancudo Lodge Costa Rica/Golfito