All reviews gelato outdoor shower bioluminescence tour golfo dulce every meal scarlet macaws resident biologist ceiba tree london restaurant poison dart highly recommend this place to anyone italian food fresh water swimming pool calm bay the local hot spots locally grown produce waterfall hike
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Together with my enlarged family we spent 5 fabulous nights at Golfo Dulce Retreat. We were a total of 7 adults and 3 children and we ended up booking the entire retreat consisting of two cabinas and the one gorgeous suite. We had the entire place to ourselves and we genuinely had the best time of our life. Simon and Chantelle went above and beyond accommodating our many (and sometimes quirky) needs. The setting of the retreat is truly fabulous immersed in the rainforest yet only a few steps away from the ocean. We spent 5 wonderful and relaxing days away from cars, traffic, roads… The food, the attention to detail, the architecture and the sheer beauty of the place were all well above expectations. Thank you, we will be back next year!

Room tip: The Suite is gorgeous
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I dont think words can truly describe the amazing experience my husband and I had during our recent stay at the Golfo Dulce Retreat.

After having read the great reviews posted from previous guests, we had pretty high expectations, and we were completely blown away in every aspect when we arrived.

Golfo Dulce Retreat is literally perfect. When we arrived Simon and Chantelle made us feel very welcome and showed us around their amazing property. I still can't understand how something so surrounded by wild jungle can remain so well maintained and beautiful.

The main lodge where dinner is served is stunningly beautiful both in its construction and its decor. The same goes for the cabinas, staying in them was like living in a dream. Everything has a classy beach vibe than feels elegant yet also very comfortable at the same time.

My mouth still waters when I think back to all the delicious meals that we were given as well. We LOVED every meal we were given, but my personal favorite course was always Simon's desserts. Gelato, sorbet and shaved ice in the most amazing flavors and consistancy they were just perfect.

This was the most breathtaking place we have ever stayed at and every aspect was perfect. The food, the location, the hospitality, the accommodations and the atmosphere. We hope we will be lucky enough to plan a trip back in future years.

Thank you so much Simon and Chantelle for the truly magical experience!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2019

We spent four wonderful and amazing days @golfodulceretreat. Thank you for this exceptional experience and making us feel at home in your little paradise. The food was a treat we were truly looking forward before each meal and we will miss every single dish. Nature pure, literally at your doorstep if you want to go and discover the rainforest, the primary forest and the mangroves. We visited after receiving a recommandation from friends and it is our great pleasure to assure you that we were grateful and enjoyed every minute of it! If you are looking for peace and quiet but still being among the noises of the rainforest as well as enjoying a luxurious but cosy place, then I would say, do not look further!
Thank you Chantelle & Simon & all the team! Pura Vida and all the best!

Room tip: The cabinas are wonderfully located among the gardens There are only a few cabinas and other guests so it feels very exclusive and privat.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2019 via mobile

Without a doubt one of our favorite places we ever stayed at. From the time we booked online to the time we departed everything was absolutely perfect. Level of detail and attention compares to any 5 star hotel.
Cabin was extremely comfortable, the hosts were extremely friendly, professional, and very flexible with our requests.
Scenery was beautiful, it was a wonderful experience to stay in such a rich, peaceful and quiet natural environment.
Food was phenomenal, everything was homemade, diverse and catered to our dietary restrictions.
Excursions are awesome, you learn a lot about the Rainforest, the Mangrove, local animals and birds.
Simon and Chantelle are very unique people who created a magical place, one which we hope to return soon.
We highly recommend the retreat since it is a one-of-a-kind experience.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 20, 2018

I had a wonderful time at Golfo Dulce Retreat! It is just the right balance between comfort and luxurity and being surrounded by nature in a secluded space in the middle of the rainforest.
My highlights were the outdoor shower (loved the almond body wash that was provided!), the coffee that was on the porch every morning and that I could enjoy in my hammock watching the sun slowly rise over the rainforest and the dolphins that surprised us every time we took the boat to go somewhere! Chantelle and Simone created a personal and familiar atmosphere, while still giving me all the space for myself that I was looking for.
The food couldn’t have been any better and all my intolerances and food preferences have been met. The tours have been great as well – informative, personal and so much fun!
This was for sure not my last visit to Golfo Dulce Retreat and I can highly recommend to anyone who is visiting Costa Rica!

Room tip: The suite had the first rays of sunshine in the morning!
Date of stay: December 2018