All reviews ceviche one night costa rica jose chris boat facilities gulf meals lodge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2017

We stopped at Fish Hook Marina in Golfito to check in after leaving the Panama Canal. Great place! We were greated by several people who helped us dock, including Jose who helped us for the next 2 days. Then, after a quick check in, we had dinner at the Fish Hook restaurant. All the food was great and very reasonably priced, but the Ceviche was OMG delicious!!! The freshest and best tasting I have ever had. It was so good I had it again late the next morning before we left for Quepos.

Room tip: We stayed in our boat, so not sure about the rooms
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed July 8, 2017 via mobile

Great Food, Great Marina
I usually find "bar food" so - so.
Not here. The hamburger was excellent, great taste, seasoned well.
The nachos are the best. Each ingredient well proportioned (I got them without beans). Wonderful tasting beef, crispy chips,
perfect amount of cheese, lettuce and salsa.

You can not ask for more from the the marina itself. The staff, headed by Jose, the Dock Master, is suberb. Always ready to help or get what you need. Even better, I had to leave my boat alone for 3 months. Me took care of it, watched over my baby, like it was his own.

You may find marinas as good in the Caribbean, you won't find better, anyplace.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed April 10, 2017 via mobile

On my visit to Costa Rica this was my most disappointing adventure. Not only were they rude but they didn't even try to help me understand when they spoke to me only in Spanish and no English. This is supposed to be a place for tourist and I didn't feel welcomed. They were slow And the daiquiri I order was so awful I couldn't drink it. The good was good tho.

Date of stay: April 2017
Reviewed March 11, 2017

Stop buy for lunch before our trip to the tax free stores. I had a pollo wrap which was excellent, best one I had in Costa Rica. My wife had the BLT sandwiches, she also found it very good, place was quiet with the view on the boats and the bay. Will certainly go back next year.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2017 via mobile

We stayed couple days..Chris, Michael and the gang are awesome..very clean well kept rooms, food great. Try the fish fillet with garlic and the tacos! Cold beer.. I recommend fish hook to all..did I mention the views. Awesome too.. cool breeze blows thru in afternoons on patio and docks. Speaking of docks Jose runs a clean tight ship in that department and he'll hook you up for fishing too. Go check it out you want be sorry.

Date of stay: February 2017