This company should be at the TOP OF YOUR LIST for things to do in Costa Rica.
My boyfriend and I traveled to Costa Rica for a week's vacation recently, with another couple. It was our first time going, but the other couple had visited before. They were set on whitewater rafting as one of our "adventures", which they'd done before in a different part of the country. We ended up booking with Rafiki Safari Lodge and Tour co. for our rafting experience.
Rafiki was fantastic. They picked us up from our hotel and drove us about 1.5 hours South and East into the jungle. Riding along, we had no idea what awaited us. We rode up to the most beautiful idyllic valley I've ever seen (see attached picture). There we met Loki, one of the owners of the Lodge and a fantastic human being. He showed us around the property, talked with us about Costa Rican life, and got us prepped for the main event.
We were driven down to the river where we were taught about rafting basics, how not to get hurt, different commands that the guides would give us, etc. Then it was on to the river, myself and my friend in one raft with Loki, our boyfriend/husband in another raft with their guide Randal. Talk about fun! I have to say I'm not much for roller coasters and the like, so I was a little nervous about rafting for the first time. But I had a blast!! Loki was the best, super professional, always made me feel safe. Randal was also great, really knew his stuff and put the boys through their paces. Our trip took us 13 km down the river, and we stopped for a delicious lunch in the middle of the jungle about halfway through. Our guides also brought us to an amazing waterfall for a look around, and some photo opp's (see second picture).
Not only is Rafiki a wonderful touring company, but they are also heavily invested in and connected with the community and the people of Costa Rica. Loki and Randal were both highly knowledgeable and well-versed in the natural surroundings, and Randal's family has been in the area for generations. Needless to say we were pleasantly surprised with Rafiki and what great friends we made in Loki and Randal.
A big thanks to Rafiki for all the great work you do, and for showing us such a wonderful time!! If anyone reading this is interested in "glamping" (picture a five-star hotel bathroom attached to a tented sleeping area), Rafiki has NINE of them and a full dining/bar facility. They can organize a whole week's worth of activities and entertainment for your vacationing pleasure. We will definitely be visiting again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas