We didn't stay at the lodge but took the white water rafting tour that starts up at the lodge. It was an all day event....we were picked up at our villa, taken for about a 90 minute drive up to the lodge. The drive was long but our guide was excellent throughout describing the sights as there were many interesting things to learn along the way. When we arrived at the very remote lodge, what a pleasant surprise! It was wonderful, serene and very remote, (we might be back to stay)!! They fed us breakfast, we relaxed and then we ranted for about 3 hours. We stopped along the way for lunch, ( which was excellent also)! The river is low this time of year so they use smaller rafts, which is fine as 1 raft took our family of 4. Our guide was awesome! Our trip down the river was both educational and a whole bunch of fun! When we were done, they took us back up to the lodge where we could relax a bit before they took us right back to the door of our villa....perfect. We all had a great day and highly recommend this day for any level of white water rafter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas