Folks, I realize my second review will skew the statistics by a hair, but I really feel the need to respond to a recent post implying the activities at Rafiki aren't both well explained and safe. In February I took my 11 year old daughter and 10 year old autistic son to Rafiki for a week and we had the time of our lives. We did the hike, horseback riding trip and rafting, everything was completely explained and at no times was our safety ever in question. Regarding the skill level required for the horseback ride, if my 10 year old autistic son who has never done anything other than a pony ride at the circus can handle it, so can most other people. But yes we did get a scratch & scrape or two; that's what happens when you hike in the rainforest. I agree Rafiki is not for everyone, but if you're looking for a back to nature experience in the wild with spectacular scenery, amazing wildlife and a friendly & caring familial experience, it is certainly for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas