We have been on the rafting trip three other times which is alot of fun. The guides are alot of fun and very experenced. The lodge is very nice and the breakfast/lunch they service is okay.
They have new managers of the lodge (Owners son) and his wife. She was nice and let us take a look at one the of tent rooms which are great. Concerning the owners son he was not very professional and was chewing tobacco and did not seem to enjoys his work.
I know some of the business in C/R are family owned but while we were there the Dad and Mom
had the kids toys every where. Maybe have an area in the back for family stuff? The wife asked us to pay early and purchase items in the gift shop because the family (owners) would not be around at the end of the rafting trip. I know it was a slow day but....
I hope this review helps the new managers out but the other son did a better job running the lodge. When we want to raft again we will be looking else where in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas