We recently stayed at Rafiki for three nights and had a great time. The lodge is located quite a ways inland from the Coast Highway on an unpaved road. So be prepared to drive, but it is worth it.
The breakfasts and lunches were great. The dinners were pretty good, but I wish we had a typical Costa Rican dinner options each night.
The mixed drinks by Ann were very good, even though she has just been bartending for 3 weeks- she is a fast learner!
The check in process could have been a little better- we weren't really shown where anything was- we had to ask about things like when dinner and breakfast were, where is the pool, etc. We also were not shown to our room for quite awhile- we were just sitting not sure what to do. I think this is because of some new staff?
Our room had a very pleasant view and
Overall, we had a great time and would recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rafiki is a sustainable adventure lodge located in the Savegre Valley of Costa Rica. The lodge sits on 840 acres of tropical forest. Rafiki specializes in custom white water rafting, horseback riding and hiking trips. Guests sleep in imported luxury Safari Tents which feature hydro electric fans and lights. Each tent sits on a raised hardwood platform, has a deluxe bathroom with glass showers heated with fire. The units also have a private porch with rocking chairs looking over the Savegre Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Rafiki Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rafiki Safari Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Rafiki Safari Lodge Costa Rica/Province Of Puntarenas