“Great trip!”

Green Iguana Surf Camp
More attraction details
Owner description: Green Iguana Surf Camp is one of Costa Rica's pioneering surf camps, in business for over a decade, here in the quaint town of Playa Dominical. We offer the finest quality surf instruction, as well as waterfalls, river rafting, jungle canopy zip-lines, and much more! Come to Green Iguana for the best surfing vacation you could ask for, and leave with memories that will make you seriously consider moving to this wonderful place!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I went to Costa Rica in March 2013 with my brother to learn to surf. Neither of us had ever tried before and other friends told us that our expectations should be low for how much surfing we would do. By the end of the week both of us had learned and been up on a number of waves. The staff at green iguana was great, the trip wouldn't have been nearly as fun without their help. On top of great instruction they picked us up at the airport, had activities for us every day, and had recommendations for things to do in our down time. Also the beaches at and around Dominical were fantastic. I would recommend anyone call green iguana if you're thinking about going to Costa Rica.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank RTBO

New York City, New York
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was there for a week and had an unforgettable surf trip! The guys at Green Iguana took us to some really beautiful beach breaks. Playa Dominicialito in particular was amazing. Beginner friendly but challenging waves which were a joy to ride.

In addition to driving us to the beach every day and providing great surf instruction, they took us to a daily non-surf related activity which included waterfalls, river tubing, zip lining in the jungle, Reptilandia.

All the instructors were knowledgeable, down to earth and a blast to be around! If I didn't have to work, I'd be back on the next flight!

Visited July 2013
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Without a doubt the best surf instructors”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I could write a book here so I will try to keep my review short. We were in Dominical in May and were so sad to leave.
The surf instructors at the Green Iguana were truly amazing people. They were so patient and professional with us. They took us surfing every single day as well as daily trips to 2 different waterfalls, river tubing, zip lining and Reptilandia. These guys went the extra mile, always driving us everywhere and even picking us up after dinner.
These guys were honest and the whole time we felt we were among friends.
I highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to learn how to surf, needs a refresher or just wants to rent some surf boards. I would go back in a heartbeat!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Sandra R
“They made surfing my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

These guys are the most amazingly talented surfers and they are so devote to making you have an awesome time and learn how to surf! I'd never surfed before I travelled to the magnificent town of Dominical and they somehow found a way to make it my biggest passion, surfing is literally all I want to do! In the little town of Dominical you see people around everyday, and with green iguana ou instantly have a awesome group of people you're bound to run into around the town all the time! I recommend these kind hearted guys to the moon and back! I love you green iguana <3

Montreal, Canada
“Best place to learn surf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

I went there in September 2012 to learn surf. These guys are not just friendly, they are amazing teachers and know what they re doing. They know multiples spots so you don't always stay at the same beach. They'll also take you to local attractions, so you discover everything Costa Rica has to offer. 10 days was not enough.

Visited September 2012