Samoa Lodge is a very quiet hotel, perfect for relaxation. You can only get there by boat - the hotel arranges your transportation when you make the reservation. It is quite secluded because you cannot go very far without having to take the boat, but the arranged trips (to the village and to the national park) were very good. The rooms are basic but colourfully decorated. They have no windows, only a screen to keep out the insects. This allows for the rooms to quickly get (slightly) less hot in the evenings and it gets you more in touch with nature as you can hear the sounds of the wildlife at night. The rooms are located in cabins, which are set in a beautifully kept garden. There are some hammocks in the garden to really make you relax. The staff were friendly and the food was pretty good. Compared to some of the other lodges in Tortuguero, this one had fewer guests so more peace and quiet and a more personal approach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Caribbean Paradise is a true jungle lodge! Everything from great green macaws to howler monkeys are daily sights on this gorgeous property about 15 minutes outside of Tortuguero. On-site walking trails let you get closer to nature, and our outdoor swimming pool is a great place to relax. We offer full service bundles including transportation, meals at our onsite restaurant, and tours in Tortuguero National Park and Barra del Colorado Nature Reserve. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Caribbean Paradise Eco-Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Samoa Lodge & Resort Tortuguero Hotel Tortuguero
- Samoa Lodge And Resort Tortuguero
- Samoa Hotel Tortuguero
- Caribbean Paradise Eco-Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero