A long journey from San Jose to a very secluded spot. The bus ride was typical, but the boat ride to the resort was exceptional. They assign a guide to stay with each group and conduct all tours, etc. We thought our guide, Juan, was quite weak, which detracted from our enjoyment of the experience. Rooms were very basic, but clean. Food was slightly below expectations (edible, but not tasty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heartland of the lush rainforest of Tortuguero Canals, Costa Rica, Mawamba Lodge and Tortuguero National Park are worth visiting year round. What makes us different? *Unbeatable location on a strip of land between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Ocean, providing direct access to both * The closest Lodge to Tortuguero town within walking distance (no need to take boats to town) * Free WI FI in selected areas of the hotel * Complimentary safety deposit box in your room * Unlimited free visits to our MAWAMBA PARK: where we offer two butterfly gardens, one iguana and one frog garden. A guided visit is also included in our 3 day / 2 night package * Private nature trais for nature walks * Exciting optional tours including night walks in the forest, kayaking, fishing and the NEW! Katonga floating restaurant for sunset tours or dinners / lunches on board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelsClick, Booking.com, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Mawamba Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mawamba Lodge Tortuguero Hotel Tortuguero
- Mawamba Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero