Two night packages seem to be the norm here, but we stayed three and were glad we did. We never stayed in a place with a guide and group organization before. It was a little weird doing the activities and meals together but overall it was enjoyable. Our guide Anna Maria was a wonderful person, full of energy at all times of the day. The grounds were great to explore despite the nearly constant threat of rain. We had a standard room which was fine. No windows, just screens and shutters. No AC just a ceiling fan. But it put you right into the environment. We could hear the roar of the ocean out the back and the boats on the river out the front when there wasn't a downpour of rain, even the rain was amazing.
The meals were wonderful. We ate too much. The bar was great. The staff was outstanding. The nearby village of Tortuguero was very interesting. The trips on the boats were fun with loads to see.
This was are favorite place on our trip to CR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled in the heartland of the lush rainforest of Tortuguero Canals, Costa Rica, Mawamba Lodge and Tortuguero National Park are worth visiting year round. What makes us different? *Unbeatable location on a strip of land between the Tortuguero Canals and the Caribbean Ocean, providing direct access to both * The closest Lodge to Tortuguero town within walking distance (no need to take boats to town) * Free WI FI in selected areas of the hotel * Complimentary safety deposit box in your room * Unlimited free visits to our MAWAMBA PARK: where we offer two butterfly gardens, one iguana and one frog garden. A guided visit is also included in our 3 day / 2 night package * Private nature trais for nature walks * Exciting optional tours including night walks in the forest, kayaking, fishing and the NEW! Katonga floating restaurant for sunset tours or dinners / lunches on board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Mawamba Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mawamba Lodge Tortuguero Hotel Tortuguero
- Mawamba Lodge Costa Rica/Tortuguero