Tortuga Lodge & Gardens
$30
  • Beachfront
Hotel Suerre(Guapiles)
$99
Hotel El Bambu(Puerto Viejo de Sarapiqui)
$90
Manatus Hotel(Tortuguero)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,204 results
All reviewscosta rica expeditionsthe riverhowler monkeyssan josethe penthouseboat tournational parklocal schoollanding stripsmall planeupstairs balconysugar caneturtle nestingscreened windowspublic boatlocal childrenour entire trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family stayed at Tortuga Lodge for 2 nights and experienced nothing but impeccable service that was always friendly and attentive but never intrusive. Everyone from Gloria to Juan, Angelo, Norton and many others always had a smile on their faces which only heightened the already spectacular environment. The food and drink was always delectable and all activities were perfectly organised with staff who were all prompt and extremely experienced. I would wholeheartedly recommend Tortuga Lodge to our friends and family and we definitely will be coming back here.

Room Tip: All rooms great and always maintained to a great standard.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank yl5452
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I had the best time here. The staff were friendly and the place was just beautiful. Between going on boat rides, hikes and just relaxing by the pool, our 5 days flew by. You wake up to the sound of monkeys and birds. We just loved that. I would recommend this place to anyone coming to Tortuguero, and even Costa Rica for that matter. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Coming to Tortuguero was an incredible experience, and the Tortuga Lodge enhanced that experience threefold. The room was rustic but impeccably clean and spacious, with nice linens and good mattresses and pillows -- we slept well, at least until the howler monkeys started up at 5 am! The breakfasts were both delicious and very generous, and it was lovely to sit on the restaurant deck and look out on the river while drinking my morning coffee. It felt so elegant and safari-like that i would not have been surprised if Katharine Hepburn had floated by on a canoe. Other meals were also good. Only complaint was that our upstairs balcony room was very dimly lit. I am sure this is an ecofriendly choice, and also we didn't spend much time in the room, so it didn't matter that much. But it was the STAFF who made the greatest impression on us, and they are the reason we would go back in a heartbeat! Everyone was so gracious, friendly, and helpful, and it was clear that they all get along well. Juan was our guide for boat and kayak trips, and we deeply appreciated his enthusiasm and knowledge of the flora and fauna. We saw countless animals and birds -- caiman, turtles, monkeys, sloth, toucans, etc etc -- but only because of Juan's expert eye. Without him we would have seen very little. As a mom to a preteen, I also appreciated Juan's kindness to my son, who absorbed everything he said and then talked about it for the rest of the trip. Don't miss the village, which is really charming and has some good souvenir shops. Kolbri was a great find, with beautiful artwork made out of natural items. We also enjoyed volunteering for the Word Adventure, teaching some English to local children: it gave us a different view of life in Tortuguero. I must admit to feeling some envy: this is an incredible place. Thanks to the staff at Tortuga Lodge for a great experience!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ariz0nagirl
Natalie E, Guest Relations Manager at Tortuga Lodge & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Ariz0nagirl,

I was so glad to read that you found the staff to be "gracious, friendly, and helpful," and that they are one of the reasons you would want to return. You are right, they get along very well together, and really they feel more like a family. I love how that feeling can get transferred to our guests.

I was also really glad to see that you enjoyed the services of Juan, your guide. I loved reading how your son learned so much! I hope he´s still talking about it. Juan is a great naturalist guide, with a kind heart and a very sharp eye.

Thanks again for your generous review. We hope you come back and visit us sometime (we´ll work on Audrey and the canoe...).

Natalie Ewing
Chief Marketing & Guest Satisfaction Officer

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I can hardly put in to word how amazing Tortuga Lodge & Gardens is, this was our 3rd trip to Costa Rica (and we have traveled many wonderful places in the world) but nothing is as wild and magical as this location: Caiman in the rear pond, Howler monkeys eating breakfast in a tree outside your window, iguana lounging by the pool, endangered dart frogs at your feet, rare birds everywhere, mating sea turtles in the ocean...and we had our 7 year twins with us!

The staff at Tortuga Lodge & Garden was so wonderful to us, sweet kind hearted people, absolutely safe, great service, comfortable beds, clean rooms, wonderful menu, well trained guides, all around high quality experience, truly eco - friendly - family friendly lodge

This trip was a life changing experience for our children; Tortuguero National Park is without question a rare special place in the world.

Room Tip: We had a room near the pool that was great for keeping a lazy eye on the kids
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Maria2013NewYork
Natalie E, Guest Relations Manager at Tortuga Lodge & Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Maria2013NewYork,

I was so glad to read that you felt "nothing is as wild and magical as this location". The wildlife sightings you had sound really great.

I am especially pleased to read how your twins got to see all those animals. For a 7 year old the Tortuga Lodge grounds offer wonderful opportunities for safely experiencing nature.

It is really rewarding to read "this trip was a life changing experience for our children". We are in the process of developing new ideas for making our lodge even more family friendly: including fishing lessons off the dock, and guided tours of the garden designed specifically for kids.

To learn more about these possibilities you can contact us or look at the Tortuguero Rainforest Family Expedition package on Tortuga Lodge´s website.

Thanks again for your kind words; we hope to see you and your family again someday.

Natalie Ewing
Chief Marketing & Guest Satisfaction Officer

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Beautiful location, great and very friendly service, good food (though a bit pricey), nice pool-area and surroundings. All in all, an excellent choice. You can feel you're in the jungle, and that's one of the best part of it.

If given a chance, I would definitely go there again and I can recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Room at upstairs have more privacy
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple