Last January we spent 2 nights at this Lodge, and made the reservation through Costa Rica Expeditions, who own this Lodge as well as another one in Monteverde.
We would really like to mention Gustavo Mendez, who took excellent care of our reservation (Jungle package). Any of our requirements was taken into account and every email was promptly and efficiently answered.
Everyone from the staff was helpful and willing to offer the best service. Pura Vida!
We stayed in an upstairs room with lovely views on the river and great comfort. No need for a/c, plenty of fresh air through the screened windows, which at the same time allowed for the wonderful sounds from the jungle at night time.
Excellent unpretentious homey food, perfectly served at the river front, while enjoying the views.
Our interest in visiting Tortuguero canals was perfectly taken care of, as we had morning and afternoon boat tours on both days. We would highly recommend, at least one day, to go on an early departure (6:00h). Juan was an excellent guide, and we really got to see lots of wildlife with him. Nice touch to be welcomed after every excursion with a fresh towel and a drink.
Last but not least, we were lucky to have lovely sunny days without a single mosquito.
Keep it like this and hope to be back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 11 River View Downstairs Terrace Rooms. 12 Upstairs River View Balcony Rooms. (A little more expensive, but worth it. See what reviewers have said by clicking on "room tips") 2 River View Downstairs Junior Suites, with connecting door. 1 River View Upstairs Penthouse Suite with 2 baths. 1 of the Downstairs Rooms is Wheelchair Accessible with 2 baths • Beds: 4 Downstairs Rooms and 5 Upstairs Rooms have 1 King Bed. 6 Downstairs Rooms and 3 Upstairs Rooms have 2 Double Beds. 1 Downstairs Room and 2 Upstairs Rooms have 1 Queen and 1 Double Bed. 1 Downstairs Room has 1 King and 1Double Bed. 2 Upstairs Rooms have 1 Queen and 1 Double Bed. The 2 Junior suites have 1 King and 1 Double Bed • All rooms have: In-room safe, hot water, ceiling fans, reading lamps, hair dryer, free wireless internet and large screened windows so you experience the sounds of the rain forest. • All rooms don't have: TV, AC, or mini-bar. • Service Style: Personalized, informal, caring. • Restaurant: Cuisine: What a Costa Rican Grandmother would cook if she was also a creative and contemporary professional chef. Caribbean themed cocktails, and no we don't mean pina coladas, although we'll make you one of those too. •Atmosphere: Quiet, laid back and with an emphasis on the natural surroundings - most buildings are open air. • No background music. • Suggested activities at hotel: Palm and Orchid Gardens. Plan on 1 or 2 hours. Award winning Riverside Pool. Plan on at least 1 hour per morning or afternoon per day. Hammocks everywhere. Plan on losing track of time in one. 2 computers with internet for guest use at no charge. Spend as little time as possible. You're on vacation. • Tortuguero can only be accessed by boat or by domestic or charter plane. • Tortuga Lodge offers complete packages including round trip transportation, lodging, meals and excursions. • Suggested stay: 3-5 nights. • Owned and Operated by Costa Rica Expeditions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tortuga Lodge & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Lodge And Gardens
- Tortuga Hotel Tortuguero
- Tortuga Hotel Gardens
- Tortuga Lodge & Gardens Costa Rica/Tortuguero