“Worth the visit...”
Review of Stashus con Fusion

Stashus con Fusion
Cuisines: Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: loco natural restaurant has changed its name to Stashus con Fusion offering the same great atmosphere, service and delicious food. Come enjoy for yourself and please feel free to make any compliments or constructive criticism, its all greatly appreciated
Oshawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the visit...”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Our favourite place of the trip, for dinner at least - Bread & Chocolate was our breakfast go-to spot. The owner, Stash, is a wonderful host, making you feel at home from your first visit - we went 4 times and left feeling like friends.

Food was fantastic - I'm vegetarian and they had lots of choices (Malaysian Green Papaya Stir-fry was the best for me, topped with some of their home-made hot sauce, and Lisa had what she said might be the best fish dish she'd ever had - his Tilapia special.

Would definitely return.

Visited September 2013

Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Delicious”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Wonderful options for all. Very interesting mesh of cultural seasonings. Great options for vegetarians too. Don't sleep on Stashus. There aren't a lot of quality eating establishments of this caliber in the area.

Visited September 2013
Punta Uva, Costa Rica
“Um, no.”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This is a gorgeous restaurant with an owner in line for a Mr. Congeniality Award. Unfortunately, the server, Wendy, delivered the coldest/rudest service I have encountered in three months in Central America.

The food was so mediocre at a $25 price tag for one glass of wine, one burned appetizer of pakoras (just chickpea flower, no veggies, no onion, just burned dough with a not displeasing tamarind sauce), an intermediary salad which would have been wonderful if the red cabbage hadn’t been on the verge of mouldy, and a madras curry that, frankly, had about as much flavour as a rice cake dipped in soy sauce.

I had asked which dish would most closely approximate a true Indian dish and asked for it to be prepared spicier than usual. I was told to add the hot sauce that comes with it. I asked more politely a second time to have it cooked spicier than usual and was told I would use the hot sauce provided. Period.

Further questions regarding the cuisine were clearly not to be tolerated. A request for a second glass of water was met with an eye roll and a sigh.

The hot sauce that came with the entrée was spicy, but it wasn’t particularly tasty and it did nothing to lend any flavour to the blandness of the otherwise well-cooked (al dente) vegetables. I took the remainder home, hoping like all good curries (please note the word, "curry" is herein being used very liberally) it would stew in its own juices. I’m afraid nothing much changed, although I could finally detect the trace element of coconut milk advertised.

I threw it out.

I had been dying for some curry and I didn’t get it. Sorry, Stash, the service and cuisine were both a massive disappointment.

2 Thank SocklessJ
“Deliciousness abound”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

We stopped into this fantastic place on our first night in town and it was delicious. The service was great and very chill. We had the focaccia which was presented in a lovely way and a delight to our tastebuds. I had the fish with the peanut lime satay style sauce and it was to die for!!! Cool music, great ambiance and a clean bathroom!!!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“fun night out for families or friends”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

this place was definitely a 'fun' night place for our family. it's festive and lively. it's also really accomodating to our many dietary needs and requirements, i.e. elderly father and toddler nephew.