“Gem in the Jungle”
other travelers have booked this property
DINNING_ROOM OTHERS
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
DINNING_ROOM
OTHERS
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Nicole B
“Gem in the Jungle”
Reviewed August 17, 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Way more than expected!

Accommodations are 5 star modern vacation rental with clean lines, stainless steel major appliances, all you need to prepare your own food. Nothing is nasty,yucky or mildew smelly. If you are a city person yet,want to have the solitude and relaxation of the jungle, best surfing , delicious restaurants from owners bringing their specialized cuisine practically from all over the world , small town feel. Annanci Village offers all that and more. Did I mention the owners Kean and Bubba are magnificent hosts they make you feel at home, yet they are unobtrusive? Yes, the pool so clean and big, which Kean personally tends to.

Mosquitos , I guess are present, but to be in the middle of a rainforest I thought it would be unbearable. Never bit once on the property, it,was not a problem.

Sleeping: air conditioner in bedrooms and ceiling fans all throughout the villa. New, crisp linens and comfy beds. Wake to the pleasant sounds of the multitude of birds.

This is a gem, in the jungle.

Tinita201...
North Chicago, Illinois
“Pura Vida Paradise”
Reviewed July 29, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Oh my god!!! I have never been to a place so private, tranquil and magnificent! I've traveled all over the world and Casa Medina at Annanci Village is a respite for the soul. The place is immaculate and beautifully designed from the panoramic views that integrate the villa seamlessly into the jungle to the heavenly rain shower heads. There is air conditioning, a lovely pool, full kitchen, hammocks, and views to DIE for. We saw interesting wildlife like cute dart frogs and howler monkeys in the distance. The villa is close to many great restaurants and activities and most of all, minutes from beautiful beaches, both white and black sand! The people in Puerto Viejo/Cocles were friendly and we felt very connected to the rich culture and diversity. The owners, Bubba and Kean, are welcoming, kind, funny, and so incredibly helpful. They speak both Spanish and English. We will be back and I will probably try to move into the villa if they aren't careful! They treated us too well! Annanci Village allows you to unplug and spend some much needed time in paradise. I miss it already and can't wait to return!!! Pura Vida!!

Dorothy L
Chicago, Illinois
“JUNGLE LOVE”
Reviewed April 28, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

I just returned from an amazing Costa Rican trip. Making the most out of my short 8 day vacation allowance was essential to me as I don’t get the opportunity to travel internationally very often. This was my second trip to Puerto Viejo. I fell in love with the laid back culture of the quaint little Caribbean town, when I was there last year and decided to return this year with my coveted eight vacation days.

This year I stayed at Annanci Village in Cocles and this private luxury resort exceeded my expectations. The remote location and natural beauty were beyond compare. Casa Medina, the two bedroom, two bath luxury villa that I stayed in is perfectly located, within walking distance to the awe inspiring beaches, charming shops and restaurants, but is brilliantly positioned far enough away from the main road to feel like a true sanctuary under an incredible jungle canopy.

Annanci's Casa Medina is beautifully appointed and includes an upscale fully equipped kitchen, breakfast bar and semi-formal dining area. Each bedroom has its own king size bed and modern bathroom with marble floors and designer finishes. The bedrooms have spacious closets, ceiling fans, air conditioning and satellite television. However, my favorite part of this gorgeous villa is the wrap around deck overlooking the lush property and the inviting swimming pool.

In addition to its perfect jungle setting, my biggest take away from this oasis was the kindness and enthusiasm of the property owners, a gracious husband and wife couple, whose attention to their guests is unparalleled. I can’t wait to return to Annanci Village with my family so that they can revel in the creature comforts, while surrounded by the creatures of nature. It is the total jungle experience in the lap of luxury.

MarcosPiz...
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
“Perfection to a tee”
Reviewed April 4, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

A real jewel of a place! The house is beautifully detailed and in one word perfect. From your hammock on the big great terras you can view the lush surroundings, really tall trees, the beautiful garden with lots of different flowers and plants, lots of birds among which a variety of tucans and migrating birds, howler monkeys and the magnificent pool. Just wishing we could had stayed longer.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Tim & Bet...
Argyle, Texas
“Your Own Piece of Paradise”
Reviewed March 18, 2016 for a stay in March 2016
people found this review helpful

What a wonderful place! The house is new and beautifully built. You can tell that Kean put a lot of thought into the design and layout of the property. We felt like we were in our own private resort.
We have been traveling all over Costa Rica and were very impressed with his place. We loved listening to the howler monkeys and enjoyed seeing the keel-billed toucans. The town of Puerto Viejo is such fun and we will definitely be back!

Traveling group: Teenagers
Brian D.R...
“A slice of heaven on earth.”
Reviewed January 27, 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

If you are looking for a luxury five star villa,with tranquil location with amazing facilities.Set in a awesome location with First class beaches,shops and restaurants and bars very close buy ? STOP You will
not find anywhere better than "Annanci Village" Trust me,I can honestly say this place is "HIGHLY RECOMMENDED" I can't fault this fantastic place. Mr Kean Millward,the owner is a absolute diamond. Very helpful,knowledgeable. Nothing is to much trouble,he really looks after his guests.He will do anything in his power to make your stay a dream holiday. The villas are immaculate in every way,with two large bedrooms,two bathrooms,kitchen,lounge and fantastic veranda. Over looking a out of this world garden and pool. Fully air-conditioned and full of everything you would need,for a totally relaxing and very pleasurable stay. Seriously,book up TODAY. I can guarantee to will not be disappointed. HONESTLY.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Management Response
Jan 28, 2016
Thanks Brian it was a pleasure meeting you and having you spend time with us. We look to having you visit again soon!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing