“Magical space to peacefully co-exist with the...”
other travelers have booked this property
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom. The approach and the front door.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The plunge pool and main arch of the dome.
The entire dome. The viewing platform rests on the top of the bedroom.
The approach and the front door.
Paintings from my favourite local artist in the main dome.
Bedroom with relaxation seats in the windows
Queen size bed with canopy.
The stairs to the observation platform.
The observation platform features two adirondack chairs and a hommock.
spa style shower made from river stones. also, slate bench with rain shower head and hand shower.
Washroom counter with stone sink and bamboo faucet.
Our first guest arrived during construction!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Julia H
Scappoose, Oregon
“Magical space to peacefully co-exist with the inhabitants of the jungle of Puerto Viejo”
Reviewed April 18, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

John and Eric have truly created a most unique space to peacefully co-exist with the creatures which inhabit the jungle of Puerto Viejo. Their picturesque property lies approximately a three to five minute bike ride from the town of Puerto Viejo (a 10 - 15 minute walk), and a mere few minutes to the warm, sandy beach of Playa Negra.

We LOVED calling this place our home, our sanctuary for a week. The openness of the dome was mesmerizing! We were blessed to wake each morning with the sounds of the jungle as it welcomed a new dawn. The crickets, frogs, and birds all singing their melodious songs was fantastic. Each afternoon, after a day spent in the sun and surf of the town, or hiking the jungles of Gadoca-Manzanillo National Park, found us taking respite and revitalizing our souls in the beautiful reflection pool in front of the house. The fact that it's not heated was PERFECT, as it was refreshingly cool and much needed after a day spent in the humid climate. At dusk we spent our time on the platform above the dome, welcoming the nocturnal creatures of the jungle (lightening bugs, bats, sloths, etc.) as we sipped a cerveza and reminisced about the day's adventures.

John and Eric were absolutely INCREDIBLE hosts, too! No detail was overlooked, from the giant bowl of fresh fruit (which must have been hand-picked the morning of our arrival, it was SO sweet and perfect!) and snacks to the coffee, milk, and sugar and the chilled bottle of wine. They had everything in place so we could simply set our bags down and breath in the smells and sounds of the jungle while we relaxed. They were always available (just a "hello" away, as they live on the property - but the magnificently landscaped gardens hid their home), and were terrific in helping to clarify with a local tour company when they hadn't arrived to pick us up.

We were SO utterly impressed with Casa Corazon del Mar and John and Eric. We can't wait to tell everyone we know about this unique space amongst the jungle, and we can't wait to go back!

Date of stay: April 2018
Your age range 35-49
May 1, 2018
You’re both far too kind. We loved having you here to share this magnificent country and our lives
Hope to see you back soon
Eric and John
Anita D
“jungle escape”
Reviewed March 21, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

This is one of the greatest locations and buildings i have ever been in! living in the dome house for 4 nights was amazing. It was perfectly secluded and private. It was as if we were in our own private animal sanctuary, we saw sloths, frogs, and beautiful butterflies in their natural habitats. The house is in the perfect location secluded enough for privacy but walking distance from the beach and town. John and Eric are the perfect hosts, they made us feel like family and had great recommendations for restaurants and shopping. Would recommend staying here to anyone who is visiting Puerto Viejo, we will for sure be staying here again!

Date of stay: February 2018
Mar 30, 2018
Dear Anita, we look forward to seeing you and your amazing family again. Please come back soon!
Barbara S
“A slice of heaven”
Reviewed January 8, 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

This is the second time I have booked and stayed at this beautiful rental. I came back because of the unique experience this rental offers. Nestled in the jungle, you are surrounded by nature in all of its glory. Fully equipped, you can prepare meals, as I did, in the dome, or call a taxi and head into town to sample great dining in any one of Puerto Viejo's many restaurants and "sodas". The dome is clean, air and feels just like home- as opposed to feeling like a hotel room.

The owners, John and Eric, went above and beyond again, making sure my stay was perfect- with restaurant recommendations, activity suggestions etc. The dome is a place to get away, listen to nature and relax. You lack for nothing here. The plunge pool is refreshing after a stint at the beach, which is a few minutes away by foot. Second time visitor, and certainly there will be a third and fourth.

It really is heaven on earth.

Date of stay: December 2017
Jan 9, 2018
Thank you so much for choosing us again. It is such a pleasure making friends and keeping in touch. We can't wait for next year and more adventures. Much peace, health and love in 2018.
John & Eric
mgorrias4
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Unique house for a getaway”
Reviewed October 20, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

This property is located in the outskirts of Puerto Viejo but is close enough to go anywhere you need and yet secluded to relax and have privacy. The house is well designed and has a unique architecture that I found refreshingly distinct. This comes from a real estate professional who is used to seeing property everyday.

Date of stay: October 2017
Nov 1, 2017
It was a pleasure hosting you. We look forward to seeing you again!!! All the Best, John and Eric.
Kajjen
“Put it on your bucket list!”
Reviewed July 2, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Staying at Casa Corozon del Mar was an experience I will never forget. For six days, I felt like I was living within a piece of art. This unique and exotic building is alive with light and water elements that reflect its beautiful jungle setting. The owners have tended to every detail; right down to those awesome cold beers and bag of Doritos waiting for us tired travellers upon arrival. Throughout our stay, I kept experiencing a sense of happy surprise as each thoughtful detail revealed itself.
Honestly, this is a world class destination. The hosts are welcoming and discreet: if you need them, they are there, if you don't, you won't even realize they are just a little way down the jungle path. A shout out from the plunge pool, and they come running to help with whatever questions you might have.
The plunge pool - clean and so refreshing! The look-out platform - hang out and enjoy the jungle from a birds eye perspective! The rain shower bathroom, a piece of heaven in itself! The beach only two minutes away! Puerto Viejo and all the seafood you can eat!
Fireflys and butterflies, fresh melons and pineapples and bananas, deep rich coffee and dark homemade chocolate; beaches that stretch as far as you see with no one on them; soft tropical breezes, monkeys and sloths and toucans and parrots.
This is not to be missed, put it on your top ten list of places to see!

Date of stay: April 2017
Jul 3, 2017
That was such nice review. Thank you. We work very hard to give everyone the gift of an experience while they are here. We look forward to your return. All the best!!!
Barbara S
“Heaven on eart”
Reviewed January 11, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

I saw this cute little adobe hut, and thought to myself what a cool place to vacation, so I booked it. Little did I know,this beautifully appointed, charming and comfy adobe hut would become one of my favourite places to vacation. The minute I stepped off the bus in Playa Negra, the owners, Eric and John were there to greet me, with warm hugs and huge smiles. As we approached the hut- I was awestruck by it's beauty- a little gorgeous home in the middle of a rain forest/jungle. Everything inside was perfect (except for maybe there being no blanket... but I am always cold, and heck... I don't blame them for not having a blanket in the jungle), the place pristine, the bathroom huge and inviting (2 shower heads.... and amazing water pressure). I quickly stowed my cash and passport in the safe and got ready for the adventure of a lifetime. The hut is so well placed, minutes from the beach, a short trek (15 mins Max) to Puerto Viejo, and far enough from everything that all you hear are the sounds of the jungle. I loved every second I spent there, and am already saving my pennies to return this year. Kudos to Eric and John for offering travelers this gem. They are encyclopedias of what to do in and around Puerto Viejo, will happily call you a cab to take you wherever you want to go, and if you ask nicely, will find you sloths in the trees. This was the perfect getaway- because it was the perfect place to be.

Date of stay: December 2016
Anne L
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Heart of the Sea”
Reviewed November 24, 2016 for a stay in November 2016
people found this review helpful

Spent a week here in November.
Location: Playa Negra (black beach)
Easy 10 to 15 min walk into Puerto Viejo.

House: 1 bedroom, which is secure with safe included. Kitchen has a small fridge, stove. Fully functional, stocked with dishes, glasses, pans etc. Bathroom has both a rain shower head as well as a hand held nozzle.

Grounds: nice path from the drive to the dome. Dome was fit into the jungle, not the other way around. It's all very natural.
Frogs, geckos, sloths, lizards, spiders, toucans.

Owners: Eric and John are always available for help or questions. They have built a private path that doesn't go directly past the dome when they come and go from their house. They have some very well behaved dogs which don't have access to the dome. Being a dog owner myself, I appreciated knowing they were there. They know the difference between people staying at the dome, and people who shouldn't be on the property.

Review: Wow! I knew I was going to enjoy it before I got there. Pictures really don't do this place justice. I never felt like I wasn't safe. I specifically say this because I travel alone. I had my privacy when I wanted it. John or Eric would stop and make sure everything was good or if I needed anything. John works on keeping the pool clean. Leaves and seeds are enevitable in the jungle. They gave me a couple numbers for the Tuk Tuk and a reliable taxi driver so if I was at dinner I could have them called. Helpful hint, if you take a taxi tell them Casa Amma. That's the street it's on.

Date of stay: November 2016
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing